Hot Spots for FWC "Heads up for FWC officers"

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Hot Spots for FWC "Heads up for FWC officers"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

This Thread is so we can help, if you are fishing somewhere and it is a Hot spot for Juvenile Fish or Poachers or any thing that is illegal and it would help FWC to KNOW, Please post it here.

I hope that FWC will take advantage of this thread to keep and eye on Hot areas.

If you do not want to post it but want it put here, PM me the info and I will post for you and keep your name out of it.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

PBFisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by PBFisher »

This is a great idea, but why not make it a place for specific incidences. And if you observe someone, don´t try to get their picture, instead snap a picture of the license plate of their vehicle. That would be a lot easier for the conservation guys to track.

Master-Baiter
Old Salt

Post by Master-Baiter »

You can also choose to file an electronic wildlife alert online directly with the FWC.

After you select the county location, it takes you to a form. This may be the best way for the FWC to receive complete information on violators directly from you.

Notice the option to be contacted about disposition of your complaint/report when reported online.

To me, this seems to be a pretty good option, especially if you have photos of the violators, the fish, and their vehicle & license tag. And you may even get a reward too.

http://myfwc.com/law/alert/MailMap.asp?region=CTY

The form requests some personal information, IF you want a reward. If not, the personal information is not required.

(If you have pictures, put them on your photobucket account or elsewhere, and include links to them in the FWC form boxes. I also suggest you keep the "originals" for awhile, in case they're needed for some reason or other.)

This is the info from the form page. It does not transfer well to a forum message. :

Name: [ ]
Address: [ ]
City, State and Zip Code [ ]
Phone Numbers: [ ]
Email Address: [ ]
May we contact you for more information? Yes [] No []
If eligible, would you like a reward? Yes [] No []
To obtain your confidential reward eligibility code by email: Enter your favorite color: [ ] Enter a number between 1 and 10: [ ]
Would you like to be contacted about the disposition of your complaint?
Yes [] No []

Describe the violation:
[ ]

Location of the violation: (Please include as much detail as possible - county, street, etc.)
[ ]

Did you personally observe the violation: Yes [] No []
When did the violation occur? (Date and Time)
[ ]
ABOUT THE VIOLATORS

How many people (violators) were involved? [ ]
Do you know or did you hear any of their names?
[ ]
Describe the violators (Male or Female, Race, Age, Appearance, Clothing)
[ ]

Describe any vehicles involved: (License plate state & number, year, make, model, color, dents/damages, stripes, customizing)
[ ]

HTH

BoatlessFisherman

Those are great Ideas and methods of involving yourself, this thread is for places that you would see repeated Violations of laws, this way the Fwc people that visit this site can get a heads up.

As in Boynton Inlet I have many many times seen people scurry down the walk ways with small snook hop in there cars and gone.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

BoatlessFisherman

Baby snapper haven,
1. Haulover bridge...many people taking little fish
2. Sunny isles bridge... again alot of undersize snapper
-Tommy A-

bluerunner
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluerunner »

Yeah, I too have seen people catching a lot of the undersized snappers at haulover park. North Miami is rampant with these violators.
Again, I think that warning signs should be posted around fishing sites and leaflets handed out to better educate the public on the rules and regulations on fishing, because a lot of people come over to this country and bring with them their way of life and expect it to be the same here. I for one know for a fact that the country I came from, when fishing, most people know nothing about releasing the undersized fish back into the waters.

jackhunter
Fisher

Post by jackhunter »

We also have to make sure that the rules are written in different languages

stormrunner
Seasoned Fisher

fwc

Post by stormrunner »

Chineese guys on anglins from the middle to the T. Keeping everything they catch: 5" yellowtail,10" grouper,10" muttons.... Ive warned several of them and given them the regulations. They act like they dont speak english and dont know what you are talking about and dont know what the regulations say. After warnings I take the undersized fish out of their cooler and throw in back in the ocean.
I went down to the bait shop and they were thrown off the pier.
A month later they are back at it: They were thrown off the pier and fined by LBS Police and sent to court. Funny thing: they spoke english to LBS PD Officer...
Do the right thing and forget about it no one needs to know - just you.

****MIKE****
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ****MIKE**** »

RICKENBACKER CAUSEWAY KEY BISCAYNE THEY WILL KEEP A 3 INCH MUTTON IF IT GETS IN THEIR HOOK
PERFECTION IN FISHING!

stormrunner
Seasoned Fisher

Post by stormrunner »

MIKE: 3" mutton - i think they call that sushi nuggets!!!
Do the right thing and forget about it no one needs to know - just you.

STARS6
Seasoned Fisher

Post by STARS6 »

If there were someone at the piers to inspect peoples catches when they are leaving that would discourage the lawbreakers. But that would only be one area (piers).

OLD SCHOOL
STARS6

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

The more I read these posts, the more it begins to look that this is truly a lost cause. The recent report that's out there (I forget the source) about fish populations being severly depleted in the next few decades comes to mind. That report was based on several indepedent studies, by the way.

However, I was slightly relieved when it occurred to me that current regulations were developed while everyone was still free to keep anything and so they were based on a then unregulated harvest. But then again, I just hope the proposed solutions also took into consideration that regulations would be largely un-enforceable, and that only a small percentage of fishermen would comply, (guys like us that is).

Every time I see a new-improved rod or reel, or read about another high-technology applied to taking more fish, I think "jeez, the fish don't stand a chance any more" and I am amazed that fishing has held up this well this long.

jad1097
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jad1097 »

Lone_Fisher wrote: The recent report that's out there (I forget the source) about fish populations being severly depleted in the next few decades comes to mind. That report was based on several indepedent studies, by the way.
This report? here is another article.

Something certainly needs to be done.
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason to America. No line can be drawn between the two. . . . There is no America without labor, and to fleece the one is to rob the other."

-- Abraham Lincoln

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

Yeah, that's the one, thanks. I hope it's not as bad as they say and predict.

Oh, and on a humurous note, did anyone else notice the irony of the scientists name being Boris"Worm"? LOL. :lol:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: fwc

Post by Cookinman »

stormrunner wrote: After warnings I take the undersized fish out of their cooler and throw in back in the ocean.
Careful here SR - This is the kind of stuff I do when I am not thinking clearly. :oops:

So far it has only gotten me into only 1 physical altercation over the years, but like yourself I now have kids, so I need to think more about handling this with my Brains and less with Biceps....

Remember that everyone out there has a bait knife and ignorant foo's like this are well...just ignorant.

I do however share your frustrations with this blatent in your face defiance of the regulations. I can suffer a fool as well as anyone, but when someone goes out of their way to disregard what we here hold dear, it can be quite infuriating.

I try to be a better person each day than the last, but am still quite far away from holding hands and singing Kumbaya

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Hey BF -

What are the chances of a Cooler search being conducted on the way out of the pier? They have been done for castnets on the way IN....Though the attendant may not have the authority to act, they can educate and threaten to report violators and their tag #'s to the FWC ?

Or would pier owners think this would discourage Business?

As Lomax Said, the streetwise Ways of poaching are numerous.....Far from a great solution, just thought I'd throw it out to someone that could give an educated opinion, being that you work on one.

gonesharkfishin'
Old Salt

Post by gonesharkfishin' »

friday night and saturday morning i was at long key bridge shark fishin when i notice that the people next to me were taking everything they caught. so i called FWC and they got there 30 mins. later, open the guys cooler and found 38 undersized snapper, and 11 inch jewfish!!!!!1 :evil: :evil: but at least he went to jail for 1 to 3 years and a fine of abot 3,500 dollars so hopefully he learned a lesson and it sent a message to other people that saw it happen the fwc is not playing around
Got Sharks?

gonesharkfishin'
Old Salt

Post by gonesharkfishin' »

yes i did!!! and they kept taking them!! so i called!!! however i did not see them take the jewfish, if i saw them then i can garantee there would have been a physical altercation!!!1
Got Sharks?

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Popular Fresh Snook Spot, Illegal Catch and NO Release

Post by krash »

Stopped by a very popular spot yesterday, Sunday, around 4:15,
Nob Hill Road & Orange Drive in Davie Florida..
Below is an example, but this occurs there all the time:

There was a guy there in a shuttle bus, 2 rods fishing the flow with shiners. He hooked up a snook, asked me to net it for him so I obliged.

Then he says some guy told him they had to be 27" to keep. I said yep, and you also need fishing license with a snook stamp. He says you're wrong you don't need no fxykin license if your not fishing from a boat.

He holds up the snook says it looks like its 27 to him and sticks it in a bucket and hides it in the bus. Loads another shiner and continues to fish. Looked like a Fat Snook maybe 20" to me.

Another guy saw the action pulled over, hit the bank, started casting and said to me was that a fat snook ? I said yes the he said it looked pretty short to me.. I agreed put in a few more cast and called it a day.

This is a very popular spot, many many people fish there especially weekends. I'm sure most of the regulars are catch and release, and have the proper licenses.

I know there are limited resources for FWC but I've been stopped and had my credientials checked on the same C11 canal, buy the F&G man in a truck. Maybe the F&G guys could make it a habit to hit a few of the more popular spots, Nob Hill & Orange, Orange & 441, Sewell Lock, on a regular basis for a few weekends and check out the action.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Popular Fresh Snook Spot, Illegal Catch and NO Release

Post by Cookinman »

krash wrote: I know there are limited resources for FWC but I've been stopped and had my credientials checked on the same C11 canal, buy the F&G man in a truck. Maybe the F&G guys could make it a habit to hit a few of the more popular spots, Nob Hill & Orange, Orange & 441, Sewell Lock, on a regular basis for a few weekends and check out the action.
Y'know Krash, I have almost NEVER fished the spillway on 27 without getting checked out. Seems like the same patrol might do well just following 595/84 East then goin Orange / Griffin West to Holiday Park, kinda makin a loop of all the outflows.....

If ya ever see a Green Rodeo stop by and say HI. I never make the trip to 27 unless the water is "ON"

On a Positive note - It seems like a good population of Fat Snook have been showin up lately in your area...I have seen quite a few posted up on various boards.

Master-Baiter
Old Salt

Post by Master-Baiter »

The guy was half correct . You do NOT need a lisence from land..
Not quite accurate.

Please check the regulations at www.myfwc.com for up to date info regarding license requirements.

Swordfish and i encounterd two ladies fishing the other side of the flood (gates s20f) gate we were fishing when she land a little snook. We tell if she like she could come over this way to measure it ,she brings it over and it was afat snook also only 12-14 inches. I explain they have to be 27" to just let me revive it and toss it back. Thats when the fun started. She said hell na thats going in my truck. Oh man !!!!!!! I let her know she is risking the chance of a large fine and other charges if sh kept that snook. Of course no respect she walks back over to her spot with fish at hand. That when i said if you dont put that fish in the water im callin FWC. She didnt care. So i called FWC grabbed the digital cammera and walked to them . When the second lady heard me talking to FWC all hell broke lose these ladies ended up throwing the snook back in the water because i was on speaker phone talking to FWC like a foot next to them. I started snapping pics of them with the fish before it went back in the water. also snapped a couple pics of there tag and car..While on the phone with FWC they tossed the fish back in the water. I told FWC they did so, but to pass by anyways cause i bet the cooler was full of under sized fish...
They called the cops on us saying we were harrasing them and hiding things in the woods. Bunch of BS they were feeding the cops. The packed up ad left about 30min later. An hour after that two cops showed up but did'nt even stop where we were.FWC no show!

Sorry to say it this way, but that was a prime way not to "snitch".

When you decide to contact FWC about a poacher, it should be done so quietly and discreetly. NOT openly and obvious.

You did the right thing by informing them of the laws in a friendly and helpful manner. When they chose to openly ignore your information, you again were well within your rights to alert FWC or the local PD.

But, by openly confronting them, being obvious with your telephone call and picture taking, you were opening the door to trouble.

You have identified yourself to a scoflaw, someone who is not above breaking a simple Fish & Wildlife law. What makes you think they will stop there?

They know what you look like, and what you drive. They may have a weapon in their possesion, or vehicle. They may leave and return with "Daddy". They may see your vehicle unattended next week and vandalize it, or "catch" you unprepared and assault you while you're walking to the car, etc.

The pictures and telephone call are good. But I strongly urge anyone doing something like this to try and be discreet. The person breaking the law is going to leave before FWC shows, and not get caught. If you're "quiet", perhaps they'll show up in time to actually catch them in the act, and that is your desired result. Don't run them off, get them to stay and hope the law arrives in time. After all, you want them caught.

So take the pictures, but do it in a way that they won't suspect. Be friendly. Don't be too obvious snapping pictures.

Stay safe, and avoid the potential hostilities.
Master Baiter

swordfish
SHARKER

LOL

Post by swordfish »

When u see the green x-terra rocking, dont come a knockin... or a fat guy with a .45 in hand may answer in a not so friendly mood... :twisted: :lol: U should have been there, it was hilarious, we tried every way to resolve the issue without confrontation and I was even called a rapist by a 50 yr old lady, and her same aged lady friend. Which by the mere thing it implies simply disgusts me at this point in time. Oh and Linesider is a POACHER, according to "eyewitness" accounts.

In case I die tomorrow due to this event I will in all righteousness say that they drove a silver trailblazer 04-06 and were overweight about 5'6 or so.

You know what satisfies me even with all of this? A fat snook gets to see another day because of our intradiciton!

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

linesider wrote:The guy was half correct . You do NOT need a lisence from land..
If you are fishing from land no snook stamp or license needed.

Snook stamp only required when a saltwater license is required.

Unless this is freshwater where license and stamp are required.

You did the right by saving the snook & by calling fwc just next time do it on the down low and hope they show up.

I can just hear the words coming out of her
mouth " hell na thats going in my truck " Some people are just to much.
:lol: on being called a "POACHER BY THE EYEWITNESSES" thats funny.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

linesider wrote:FWC no show!
Ya - they were at Boca inlet today in the pickup....
Did not see if they were checkin coolers, they were leaving as I was coming.

There HAVE been quite a few undersized Mango's coolered there over the summer....

Rossdemarzo
Weekend Warrior

Post by Rossdemarzo »

It is very important that everybody has the envoirment in mind. It is very important to obey by the laws to insure the populations of fish. But there are people in this forum and they know who they are that talk alot about fish conservation and still keep small fish. You know who you are and you know what i am talking about little three and five inche grovers and undersize grouper for bait. Conservation is good to keep in mind but dont preach about it unless you obey by the laws yourself.

BoatlessFisherman

RossDemarzo I take what he is saying very seriously and hope everyone checks our rules here because they do change and will become a little more structured as we grow.
Thanks Tom, the Boatless Fisherman

This is from the BF rules "Zero Tolerance": viewtopic.php?t=1985
Any forum member, found guilty of any Fish & Game laws after Nov 1, 2006, (ie: bag limit violations, under limit-over limit, out of season, etc), is not welcome on this site, and will be permantly banned. If spotted flagrantly violating those laws by a moderator or administrator, the account may also be banned. We strongly support and encourage full compliance with fishery rules.
-Tommy A-

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

[/b]KRASH !!!!!!! PM When you get this and I will give you my phone number. If I am working I will come by and give them alittle friendly reminder of Fl. law........

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”