Fisherman Fishing Anonymous FFA Official Thread

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
JackJack
Uncle Snook

Re: Fisherman Fishing Anonymous FFA Official Thread

Post by JackJack »

When the cast net stops smellin you know its been way too long.
2009 Catch To Date
Centropomus Undecimalis-4
Scomberomorus Maculatus-10
Scomberomorus Cavalla-8
Thunnus Atlanticus-2
Lutjanus Analis -1
small Lutjanus Griseus-too many

JSG2891
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSG2891 »

JackJack wrote:When the cast net stops smellin you know its been way too long.
Words to live by right there

Angler_saxon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Angler_saxon »

It looks like its been a while since someone posted on here so here I go.

My name is Joey and I am deffinately a fishaholic, and proud of it. I dont own a tshirt without a fish on it, I have gear waiting for me in places all over NC so I dont have to think about packing it. Fish have been my life except for the time I was in the Corps, and my collapsable spinning outfit was always packed in my alice pack whenever I deployed or went to the field, except for the dessert. Every book I own is fish related, my last 7 jobs have been fish related. I made a career out of caring for fish, and working for their conservation. I dont care if its a cane pole with red wigglers, or a penn international with a rigged spanish. A ditch or the gulfstream. Hell Ive even tied corn to mono to feel my old koi pull. Some of the most wonderful and intimate times with friends and my life have been while fishing. And in my toughest times it was fishing that helped me through (returning from the balkans and seeing genocide first hand, the death of my parents). The most dear friends I have ever made were found with the common bond of fishing (except for those who took rounds with me in the Corps). Its not about the catching, but being around the water, watching a heron or osprey hunt. Watching that school of bait get torn up just out of range. Loosing that huge fish after a struggle and landing that large fish after a struggle. Its crusing throught the coastal rivers and creeks in a cypress skiff, with spanish moss in the trees, turtles falling off logs as you come around the bend. Its leaving the inlet just before dawn, listening to the hum of those diesels, looking at the charts and debating where you want to go that day. Watching the sun rise or set on the water. Wading up a creek fishing the holes and bends. Stumbling down a mountain trying not to spill your coffee to get to the isolated trout hole. Its the smell of the marsh, when you have been away for a while that smells like home. I could go on and on, but I will cut it off short. Its the common denominator among all of us, its what we all can agree upon, and what brings us together here on this forum.

Honestly I cannot think of anything I would rather do than to be on the water!!!

Zoldax
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Zoldax »

If AA meetings are to quit drinking and Fishaholic meetings are to....hell NO! Im not quitting :reeling: :happyfisherman: :D

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Zoldax wrote:If AA meetings are to quit drinking and Fishaholic meetings are to....hell NO! Im not quitting :reeling: :happyfisherman: :D
Dude it's cool! What the nonaddicted don't know is, We hold FFA meetings at a pier, Tackle shop, or BassPro. It's like holding an AA meeting at a bar, It's glorious. :mrgreen:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

I don't like fishing. I actually hate the stupid sport. I just like pissing people off by catching more fish and buying a lot of fancy gear. Fishing are for losers by the way. Who is stupid enough to missed work, spend time driving on the road, and stand in the hot sun just to catch a barely legal size fish. There are much better things to do then fishing. 8)
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Yeah like this guy :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

crashmister wrote:Yeah like this guy :mrgreen:
I was posing with a sarcastic look. Chris said I never smile in my pictures.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Joey - Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Thanks for reviving this thread.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Angler_saxon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Angler_saxon »

Know what I like just as much, if not more than fishing. Getting other people hooked, or taking those who dont get the chance to go much. I would like to implore more of us to spread the faith. Take a kid, oldtimer, or disabled person to the water (especially our vets :patriot: ). Karma will smile upon you, I promise!!!!!!!

West Coast Fisherman
Seasoned Fisher

Post by West Coast Fisherman »

Angler_saxon wrote:Know what I like just as much, if not more than fishing. Getting other people hooked, or taking those who dont get the chance to go much. I would like to implore more of us to spread the faith. Take a kid, oldtimer, or disabled person to the water (especially our vets :patriot: ). Karma will smile upon you, I promise!!!!!!!
Nothing better than seeing someone catch their first fish. :cheers: I still remember that tiny little trout I caught when I was 6. Haven't stopped since, and moving to south FL just added fuel to the fire. :dude:
ANGLINS PIER

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Hi, I'm Chris, im so addicted to fishing its unreal!! fishing is not my hobby it is part of me. countless times I have fished for hours or even a whole day in the extreme heat and huge downpours, I once left to go fishing in hurricane like conditions, pounding rain and fished under a bridge! I have spent a crazy amount of $$$ on rods, reels, lures new bait and tackle. I would travel from dania to pompano almost 5 days a week sacrificing all that money on gas, pier parking and admission especially at Anglins, since I am a regular there, there will never be a cure to my addiction, unfortunately due to health issues I have sat out from fishing since Feb and it really pains me a lot, hope to get back to action soon!!
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Remember all, FFA meeting's are most weekend's at the pier, beach or head boat of your choice. Yeah, it's like having AA meeting's at Quarter Deck on bucket night but so what! :mrgreen:

shmegger
Weekend Warrior

Post by shmegger »

I approve of Chris21 bumping this thread up where I could see it. My fishing addiction has progressed over the years to the point that my wife calls it an obsession. Once that happens, you immediately need to get your wife also addicted or you are in real trouble, mister.

Its great to see that I'm not the only one that keeps a segregated area in the freezer for bait, or cant stop fishing until the bait is gone. I also have to pretend like I cant cast up more greenbacks, or I would never leave the spot!
Support local fisheries. Buy wild Gulf Shrimp.

jackeast
Fisher

Post by jackeast »

My name is Jack and I am a fishaholic and darn proud of it. I just retired and had to watch my addiction but now I can let loose. And I will do the best job I can at going fishing everyday. FISH FISH FISH. Cant help it.

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”