Charter Fishing - TopShot Sport Fishing

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
subbie268
Fisher

Charter Fishing - TopShot Sport Fishing

Post by subbie268 »

Ok well, I usually don't flame people but i couldn't believe it.

With that said I am not sure if this is the best place to put it or not, but I didn't really see another category to put it in.

To be fair to all parties, I have chartered many of boats over the years from Dennis Forgione to the Bolo etc. Just goes from one extreme to the other.

Anyway this past week on Sunday I booked a trip with Zsak at Topshot, atleast when I spoke to him he said it was his second boat he has. Anyway we agreed on a price for 6 people to go out. I get the name of the boat, its a completely different charter. He booked me with some other guys charter business altogether (Fox Sea), this guy has no affiliation/ownership to him the told me that I am not assuming this, they specifically told me next time I book i could go directly through them and bypass Zsak, I know they all kind of help each other out but to me this should be disclosed at the time of booking and not led to make you believe he owns the second boat.

Anyway enough background here is my issue.

We go out, takes about 30 min to get out of port everglades. And we hit the buoy right out of the port. They start trolling figure 8 around it, I mean literally right around it and they proceeded to troll that same area for 45 mins. They kept tangling the planers in each other it was just whacky. Forget about the fishing, we didn't catch crap all day except when they bottom fished a wreck after 2 hours we hooked on 1 amber jack and later on a shark right before we went in. Fishing aside (it was horrible but a bad day on the water still better than a good day at work). HERE IS MY BIG ISSUE (i know i keep saying that but this is it). They were throwing crap over the side of the boat left and right. After first i see a plastic bag floating around on the top of the water, didn't know where it came from but there was no one else around us and it literally just got wet. I thought i may have flown off the deck. Then 3 mins later I see the captain throwing his cigs in to the water, then i see him throw a can of coke in the water and then a paper plate (paper bowl to be exact) that he ate his lunch off. The list goes on I just couldn't believe it. I don't care if that poop floats or what I have some respect. There it is, that's my big issue I was on a charter that we paid for the full boat to watch 2 idiots throw poop over board for 4 hours and catch jack poop. Like I said not catching anything I can live with its happened before and will happen again for sure, but why the hell are you polluting when you have 3 trash cans on board your 53ft Hatteras.

Repeat: HELL NO

edit: To be clear I did not go out with Zsak on the TopShot I ended up going with Captain J on FoxSea so my issue really is not with TopShot except I kinda felt bait and switched with the I have a second boat line he gave me

Rare
SHARKER

Re: Charter Fishing - TopShot Sport Fishing

Post by Rare »

subbie268 wrote: We go out, takes about 30 min to get out of port everglades. And we hit the buoy right out of the port. They start trolling figure 8 around it, I mean literally right around it and they proceeded to troll that same area for 45 mins. They kept tangling the planers in each other it was just whacky.
Did anyone say "anything" to the capt?

subbie268
Fisher

Post by subbie268 »

Yea mentioned it to both captain and mate. Mate said I dunno bite is slow. Captain said Most people think you need to go further out but you don't.

To me the fishing was blah, even if we didn't catch anything all day wouldn't have bothered me, as I tell my 6 year old if you catch something every time you put the line in the water it would be called catching not fishing :)

I am not overly disappointed about not catching anything (like I stated I would take a crappy day on the water over a good day in the office 7 days a week and twice on monday), just the lack of professionalism i guess is a better way to put it.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

well yep
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

i fish out of Port Everglades a lot and that figure 8 trolling crap around the whistle buoy is a standard for many large charter boats out of Port Everglades and other inlets. They are usually trying to dredge up bonita or kings. They always treat the customers on those types of charters like googans They feel by trolling up some runners or kings or bonitas, the customer will be happy that they are catching fish(most googans dont know the difference). They dont seem to want to burn fuel running for dolphin. I always thought that was B.S. Better off hiring one of the smaller charter boats like Bouncer or Dennis Forgione, they will do whatever it takes to catch quality fish.

subbie268
Fisher

Post by subbie268 »

lkatze2 wrote:i fish out of Port Everglades a lot and that figure 8 trolling crap around the whistle buoy is a standard for many large charter boats out of Port Everglades and other inlets. They are usually trying to dredge up bonita or kings. They always treat the customers on those types of charters like googans They feel by trolling up some runners or kings or bonitas, the customer will be happy that they are catching fish(most googans dont know the difference). They dont seem to want to burn fuel running for dolphin. I always thought that was B.S. Better off hiring one of the smaller charter boats like Bouncer or Dennis Forgione, they will do whatever it takes to catch quality fish.

Dennis Forgione was awesome, I had a blast with him. Not simply because of the catching but he is just a cool ass dude. I have never been on Bouncer. You got a link?

Edit: I googled and found this http://www.captbouncer.com/

same guy ?

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

For the amount you guys are paying for these trips why not look at yankee capt trip

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

yep, that is bouncer. one of the best in south florida.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

BTW, both Dennis and Bouncer respect the environment, they know when they have something good and dont want to mess it up.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

lmk if you want to ever do a trip out of palm beach, I will custom taylor a trip to your request and I have the best mate in town migs!
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”