Port Everglades Jetty Reports 2012 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: Port Everglades Jetty Reports 2012 to 2016

Post by Green Tide »

Thanks for the report. Those dogs snapper can really fight good.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

never caught anything at the jetty. 5 trips or so... at night.... i dunno how do you guys fish the jetty out therE?

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Went to the jetty last sunday, almost every bait on the beach side was getting nailed by bluefish and ladyfish, put a live gog out on a trolley rig and within 5 min it got nailed by something but didnt get a good hookup, I had a 10 inch live mullet left in the well so I put him out on a trolley, after about an hour and a half a huge snook or tarpon absolutely crushed it but unfortunately ended up losing it moments later.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

fished the jetty and surrounding beach area just the other day bunch of small snook, hooked up multiple times but only landed one snook about 20 inches, also caught a cuda, all fish were caught on artificial.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Thanks for the report....looks like you had the "bends" for most of your trip! :) good job!

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

hit up the jetty few nights ago, there was a massive school of ballyhoo hanging out in the inlet side. early on they were getting smashed by predators. good thing I brought my cast net that night, although the majority of the time they were a little too far out in the inlet out of cast net range, every once in awhile a school moved closed enough and you had to act quick!! they were easily spooked by lights. twice I managed to throw a perfect pancake on a school that came too close and caught enough beautiful fresh ballyhoo to last me the entire winter to go snapper fishing, I put one ballyhoo out under the school to see what was attacking them and I ended up catching a very big bonnethead shark, around 10lbs. the only thing hitting that night were big bonnetheads and ladyfish, no snook or tarpon. pretty good night from a bait catching point of view, the bonnethead was also kept and will serve quite nicely as shark bait.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Good timing on the hoos.
Do you vacuum or freeze in water

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Packed them in ziploc bags but I squeezed as much air out of the bags as possible, sealed em tight. I packed them by the dozen and got 10 bags!!!!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

You already catch something... :thumright:
Was it easy to spot hoos during night? I guess you could see them due to bright moon light...
I don't like to throw net at PE Jetty as the area is too rocky... You seem to know very well the bottom...

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

kblue wrote:You already catch something... :thumright:
Was it easy to spot hoos during night? I guess you could see them due to bright moon light...
I don't like to throw net at PE Jetty as the area is too rocky... You seem to know very well the bottom...
the only way to see them was to aim my headlight at them, so what I did was locate a closeby school then quickly turn off the light to avoid spooking them further. yeah it can be tricky to throw a net there but I call john lloyd my second home and and little by little learned about bottom features, the trick was I only threw the net where the jetty expands at those "platforms" the rocks below are much closer to the walkway allowing me to throw the net with a smaller chance that it will get hung up and thats how I got it done, I couldve caught way more hoos but I already had way more than I could handle.

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

that's $50 cast bro :toast:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

chris21 wrote:report from last friday!

hit up john u lloyd jetty last friday, my night started pretty badly, I was getting several hits on my rods including a couple really strong hits but couldnt land nay fish, it went dead for the next couple hours then almost at 2 in the morning the snapper bite just instantly turned on like flicking on a lightswitch, caught 3 nice keeper mangroves and a really nice hefty dog snapper all in a matter of minutes.
Anytime you get good hits and no landings downsize your hook to a 1/0 circle... More than likely Sheepshead messing with ya! Also, do not let size fool you, the fish there see so much pressure that even a big one will exercise extreme caution when sampling your offerings!

Make sure it is a circle, that way you don't end up killing anything you never meant to keep. Once you get used to them, you will seldom miss fish regardless of size!

-Swordfish

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

I caught my biggest sheephead pompano fishing there on a flea

mbarrios73
Fisher

Post by mbarrios73 »

Where did you get the fleas?

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

The beach

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Those frighin three inch mothas have really been producing for the lad with personal bests. Probably hook up a hammer with one of his prized 3 1/2" Fleazillas :auto:
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Those big fleas are no where to be found I have been importing my fleas from up north lately

Ronmoll
Fisher

Post by Ronmoll »

Has there been any snappers caught lately at the inlet?

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Hit up the good ol jetty at lloyd few nights ago for the first time in awhile. Unfortunately action is still very slow from what ive been hearing from park rangers and other anglers, had 2 pretty good hits on live pilchards, one on each side of the jetty, sadly the fish dropped the bait both occasions.

humuhumunukunukuapua
Fisher

Post by humuhumunukunukuapua »

Doesnt the park close at 6pm? How do you get in at night?

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

humuhumunukunukuapua wrote:Doesnt the park close at 6pm? How do you get in at night?
Contact FWC for a special short pass. Once you obtained this "SSP" you can call the special number for the special short bus "SSB" which will pick you up at the front gate. Now, dont you feel special?

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

humuhumunukunukuapua wrote:Doesnt the park close at 6pm? How do you get in at night?
By the annual pass and fill out the paper work to fish at night.
You can only fish at the jetty at night

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

When you get the pass they round up the fisherman at 6 and bring you to the office. You play a hybrid game similar to rullette and twister. Top 3 players get to fish undisturbed until 8 am which is when all the fish bite there

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Just upgrade to a premium member on here and the pass is complimentary.

mbarrios73
Fisher

Post by mbarrios73 »

Was there Sunday from 11am to about 3pm. A school of mullet was hanging around one the small pools and getting chased around the jetties a few times. Got broken off twice by unknown fish using a sand perch and grunt.

Ronmoll
Fisher

Post by Ronmoll »

Hey everybody. Anybody see any bait fish yet at the Jetty? I know there's some at the pier, but rather not deal with that nonsense.

Thanks!

masterbaiter123
Fisher

Post by masterbaiter123 »

Where is this place? the address and etc.
Please and thank you

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Took me about me a few hours to find this location on google by typing in Port Everglades Jetty. If it would have been the old method, It might have taken me days...Port Everglades Jetty https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Lloyd-Beach

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

:uplol:

Take a bat
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Im back!!! havent posted here in a little bit but I have been fishing the jetty at john lloyd (yes I will still and always call it john lloyd park) I have been fishing it on my usual regular basis, here are some recent catches from the jetty, fishing has been decent lately with the usual suspects around. Cannot wait to get back out there again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Broward County”