Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2013 to 2021 "ONLY REPORTS"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
Fractilizer
Fisher

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2013-14-15 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Fractilizer »

Fished Monday Houndfish everywhere hitting everything that go by them. Caught 2 pompano, few jacks, 2 spanish and hooked a nice cobia on a pompano jig, lost him walking him down to the beach. Productive day fish are showing up.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

please also mention the pomps are all undersize so the place does not become overrun with looneys. They were there on Sunday in huge #'s, (was there 7am-11am.)...all of them about 8 inches. No keepers. There were also some cero macks around, though leader shy, cudas, and a lone bluefish. One bus size school of mullet passed with barracuda shadowing. Already seems better than all of last fall.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

bigyellowtuna wrote:please also mention the pomps are all undersize so the place does not become overrun with looneys. They were there on Sunday in huge #'s, (was there 7am-11am.)...all of them about 8 inches. No keepers. There were also some cero macks around, though leader shy, cudas, and a lone bluefish. One bus size school of mullet passed with barracuda shadowing. Already seems better than all of last fall.
:stupid: yes I have seen pictures of people with these tiny popmano they call keepers, it's just sad and I heard someone even said the run had started lol :nilly:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Maybe you can blame it on the pompano themselves! Not a finer fish swimming in the sea that you can cook WHOLE just perfectly like pompano and then happily pick sweet meat right off that comb of a rack they carry. Of course, I should mention the high levels of testicular cancer found in certain ethnic groups known for eating shorts. And their skin gets kinda yellow from the jaundice. And their eyes get ............................
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Everyone should be aware that FWC is on Anglins in most cases twice and sometimes 3 times a day, most FWC Officiers fish at Anglins on there days off so good luck with poaching for those that think it is being done on Anglins
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Everyone should be aware that FWC is on Anglins in most cases twice and sometimes 3 times a day, most FWC Officiers fish at Anglins on there days off so good luck with poaching for those that think it is being done on Anglins
Keep your eyes open lol those all look like shorts except maybe one. :mad: just a kid but chit that's always where the problem begins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Nice work on the pomps, baseball guy :toast:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Rare wrote:Nice work on the pomps, baseball guy :toast:
Thank you lol... I probably do look like that kid will look in about 10 years :dude: I'll wait for the real pomp run to start though

crevalejack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by crevalejack »

Fish on Sunday 10/18/2015 , not much going on N.E. wind..but luckily I caught 2 mutton snapper.,I thought I'll be not able to get one..before the end of the year... :reeling:

BoatlessFisherman

Alot of Bluefish the last 3 days.

Saw some nice size Jacks also caught, I only saw Macks way out sky rocketing nothing close to the pier
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

BoatlessFisherman wrote: I only saw Macks way out sky rocketing nothing close to the pier
About 5 LB mack caught this morning...

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

5 or so spanish macks yesterday afternoon

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

:bounce:
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Some really nice macks taking a swipe or two at my lures and one that sky rocketed, but they kept missing whatever I threw at them. Also had three suspected macks take live perch but two resulted in cutoffs and one managed to steal the perch. Nobody landed any keeper fish worth mentioning on the first half of pier that I noticed this morning. There were a lot of undersized muttons which was interesting--guess the wind has them pushed inside the reef. A few undersized pomps around, though bigger than the babies I saw last week. A few jacks and undersized mutton were all I could connect with today, but that is better than nothing. Sucks to see a big Mack come up and miss your lure........an image that stays with you until you land one...hopefully next time out.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

i know the feeling... mine still last...
i wish anglin pier sells live baits...

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Went to anglins sunday night for the first time in awhile and Im pretty ticked!!! It was poaching city!!! Tons of tiny muttons getting caught and mostly everyone was tossing them into their coolers or buckets without any regard for rules or regs whatsoever. What really set me off though was these 2 brothers fishing closeby me not only did they have like a 10 inch mutton in their cooler but they somehow managed to catch a stone crab!! Then to my amazement they tossed it into their cooler and they told eachother how good they were gonna eat, so i went over there and explained to them what they were doing was very illegal especially a whole stone crab, I dont go stone crabbing but i know the penalties for keeping a whole crab instead of the one legal claw. To my horror they didnt believe me and said ohh we wont get caught, they even told me that theyll sneak them out in their tackle box instead, what a disgrace!!!!!! Finally some other serious angler shark fishing under the middle hut stepped in and from what i was told cause i went back to my rods, he believed that guy and threw back both the mutton and stone crab, WHAT THE F***!!!! Like my word isnt Birds and the Bees good enough for you?!?! I know way way more about fishing than you buddy!! And i know my rules and regs!! POS!! I was livid!! The ignorance last night was ridiculous, if fwc came out last night and checked everyone they wouldve made thousands of dollars from last nkght alone!! They really gotta check people on they way out, btw last night i only managed to catch a really big nurse shark on a live mullet, just a horrible night out.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

The hairs on my arms stand str8 up when I see that huge silvery flash miss my lure..and then proceed to cast 1,637,843 more times after that image! LOL

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

exactly what I did, and tried every lure/jig in the tackle box. They laughed at me, and the one that skyrocketed 20 ft from the pier had a grin.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Hopefully, conditions will be right this weekend and I'll make the drive north..can't risk making that kinda drive during the weekday..traffic is too brutal...lol...but hope u guys catch one of those "dinomacks"!!!!

Jeffmol54
Fisher

Post by Jeffmol54 »

any pomps still guys? even if they are small still

BoatlessFisherman

chris21 wrote:Went to anglins sunday night for the first time in awhile and Im pretty ticked!!! It was poaching city!!! Tons of tiny muttons getting caught and mostly everyone was tossing them into their coolers or buckets without any regard for rules or regs whatsoever. What really set me off though was these 2 brothers fishing closeby me not only did they have like a 10 inch mutton in their cooler but they somehow managed to catch a stone crab!! Then to my amazement they tossed it into their cooler and they told eachother how good they were gonna eat, so i went over there and explained to them what they were doing was very illegal especially a whole stone crab, I dont go stone crabbing but i know the penalties for keeping a whole crab instead of the one legal claw. To my horror they didnt believe me and said ohh we wont get caught, they even told me that theyll sneak them out in their tackle box instead, what a disgrace!!!!!! Finally some other serious angler shark fishing under the middle hut stepped in and from what i was told cause i went back to my rods, he believed that guy and threw back both the mutton and stone crab, WHAT THE F***!!!! Like my word isnt Birds and the Bees good enough for you?!?! I know way way more about fishing than you buddy!! And i know my rules and regs!! POS!! I was livid!! The ignorance last night was ridiculous, if fwc came out last night and checked everyone they wouldve made thousands of dollars from last nkght alone!! They really gotta check people on they way out, btw last night i only managed to catch a really big nurse shark on a live mullet, just a horrible night out.

I have implemented a new policy and if you see anything let the attendant know.and if they do nothing let me know
You will see a new sign it reads

BEWARE
Refusing to allow any Anglins Fishing Staff to
inspect your Cooler or Bucket During Fishing
or upon leaving will result in an immediate
expulsion from this Pier or Banned
from fishing Anglins Fishing Pier again.
-Tommy A-

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Thank you Tommy, this is encouraging to hear
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Congrats Tommy. Very smooth move
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

BoatlessFisherman

One sign is on the register the second sign is on the price list sign
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Tommy A-

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

BOOM!!! Wtg...at least if anything, it'll keep them away from the pier.friggin bums!

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Was off to a good start.. caught a mack on first cast at 9am, but nothing else for next 2.5 hours except for one other mack that came unglued. Better than getting shutout.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Pic from today's 1st cast

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Crappy jig?

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Affirmative. Noticed he had a pilchard in his stomach when cleaning.

sweetmerlin
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sweetmerlin »

Nice catch! Can I ask which crappie jig you used? Is it the plastic tail trailer or the marabou crappie jig? Also do you work the surface with fast retrieve or do you sink it with split sinkers and work the depth with slow retrieve? Thanks for any insight! (tommy

Return to “Broward County”