New to florida

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
Jmack310
Fisher

New to florida

Post by Jmack310 »

I just moved down to davie Florida from Long Island ny two weeks ago and I'm pretty lost with the fishing down here. I have been hitting the canals and doing pretty good with the peacock bass but I really would like to start catching some tarpon/snook and jacks. If any of you guys can point me in the right derection on some places to catch them that would be great.

Tight lines
Justin

BeachHead
Fisher

Re: New to florida

Post by BeachHead »

Hello and welcome,

not too many posters left here.

Try Dania pier . Also any beach south of that pier before 9.00 am (the life guards will kick you after). Lots of parking lots along A1A.

And read the posts here about the above locations even that they are old. Also posts about bait.

From my experience the northern you go the better fishing. Start exploring.

The Intercoastal canal has plenty of tarpon and jacks. But I have never fished that water, so I can not give any advice about locations. There are a few parking lots between Dania Blvd. and Sheridan.

Good luck !

Sampson
Fisher

Post by Sampson »

There are snook and tarpon out west (Davie/Cooper City) but you'll have better luck the further east you go.

xsv345
Fisher

Post by xsv345 »

Try the inlets/intercoastal

Return to “Broward County”