Fishing Pier Chatter Board

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Re: Fishing Pier Chatter Board

Post by NICK123 »

junos been dead this year but ussually there grrreat and rob got 2 pomps at anglins last thur jigging. :alien:

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

NICK123 wrote:but ussually there grrreat
8) Juno sucks at times thru the year just as other piers do. That is fact,.. period.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Zebco wrote:
NICK123 wrote:but ussually there grrreat
8) Juno sucks at times thru the year just as other piers do. That is fact,.. period.
fact you suck
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Shaky-jake
Fisher

Post by Shaky-jake »

Man just got back from dania and on my way off the pier I saw a raccoon at the end and when he saw me he hissed and ran straight towards me. I smacked him twice with my rod and that did nothing but piss him off. The guy in the bait shop freaked out and told me to wait inside while he threw rocks at it to chase it off. S$&@ was crazy!!! I did see something big rolling at the end of T but wanted nothing to do with my frozen shrimp or grunt. What does everyone use for bait? I know it's kinda a general question since people use diff bait when targeting diff species. I usually get a brick of frozen shrimp and try to catch my bait from that but I can never catch anything but grunts. Any help would be appreciated since I've never had luck with grunts accept when fishing for groupers on wrecks or reefs.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Try some frozen mulletor ballyhoo if you have nothing else. Some fresh cut mackeral, runner, jack, ladyfish, or bluefish will catch snapper, sharks, tarpon, snook, bluefish etc.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Any bait to talk about? :scratch:
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Yes, he will cancel your trip due to 6 foot seas even though forecast calls for 1-2 ft seas. I'm contemplating calling my cc comp to get my money back.

crist95
Fisher

Post by crist95 »

Any tops for catching pilchards by Anglins? Preferably from the pier.

crist95
Fisher

Post by crist95 »

Yeah, I kept bagging Lookdowns with my Sabiki last week. Nothing else =/. Should I tip the hooks with some bait or chum a bit?

LandCharK
Fisher

Post by LandCharK »

where the macks at!!!??? :driving: :nilly: :nopity: :scratch:

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

CowboyJustin wrote:I had 2 rods go off at the same time last night :shock: :shock: that was an experience...lol finally some guy grabbed the other one and it got straightened out...one was a blue runner and the other was a puffer :mad: :mad:
What a bad one, not the type of double header u were hoping for there

crist95
Fisher

Post by crist95 »

As long as its bait I don't mind if its pilchards, gogs, ballys or pins. All i got that night were lookdowns hah.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Where on the pier do you usually find threadfins? I assume they hug the pilings, but how far out ...past first hut or before. Do you spot them before trying to catch them?

Laz1287
Weekend Warrior

Post by Laz1287 »

bigyellowtuna wrote:Where on the pier do you usually find threadfins? I assume they hug the pilings, but how far out ...past first hut or before. Do you spot them before trying to catch them?
They tend to not stray far from the pilings. They love to hang out almost directly under the T. Look for them, they love to hang out near the surface if they're there.

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

So instead of posting in every freaking pier thread imma just ask here. Coming up and taking the little womans dad out for the day, he can't handle being on the water anymore so I was thinking a day on the pier. I'm open Juno down to Anglins, haven't been too far north yet. Any suggestions?

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Anglins is probably the most kid friendly pier out there in the aspect of regulars , rail height, and lack of crowding. Costs a few bucks more for sure but worth it overall.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I totally agree with FF regarding Anglins. Great pier......very friendly, clean, and if you are going to make a day of it $10 for parking in the lot in front of the pier is a bargain. Dania wacks us for $2 @ hour now to park which gets kinds pricey when you are there all day. And the tickets cost $40 for over time parking. I'm also liking Juno a lot for catching some special fish. Great friendly pier with free parking and $4 to fish. Best bargain down here IMO
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Thanks guys, time is the main thing. If I've got plenty then I wouldn't mind the drive to Juno.

One thing (and just about the only thing) I like about the west coast, "free" parking with vehicle registration lol.

Return to “Broward County”