2013 Mullet & Fall Run South Florida Area Reports--RIP Zebco
- gruntking
- LUMBER-JACK
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm
- Location: miami broward west palm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Um for the lifeguards it's probably the same everywhere 5 or 6 o'clock
Grunts I mean I've caught snook useing them but it wasn't on the sand soo I guess that's up to you
Grunts I mean I've caught snook useing them but it wasn't on the sand soo I guess that's up to you
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
-
streetfish
- Fisher
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
gruntking wrote:Um for the lifeguards it's probably the same everywhere 5 or 6 o'clock
Grunts I mean I've caught snook useing them but it wasn't on the sand soo I guess that's up to you
Thanks for the color my friend.
- BoatlessFisherman
- Fisherman - Owner - Administrator
- Posts: 5691
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:26 pm
- Location: South Florida
- Contact:
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
-Tommy A-
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
- Poseidon10/31
- KING MACKEREL
- Posts: 853
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm
- Location: Miami
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
gruntking wrote:
from what ive been hearing 5th street on southbeach is the way to go
-
streetfish
- Fisher
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Thanks for all the help guys - gonna try heading out this evening!
-
streetfish
- Fisher
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
BoatlessFisherman wrote:Read thisstreetfish wrote:
Brian
http://boatlessfishing.com/blog/2011/02 ... %E2%80%99/
VERY INFORMATIVE. Many thanks
- gruntking
- LUMBER-JACK
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm
- Location: miami broward west palm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
fishing boca earlyer got me a 30 cubera along with my slot
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
- gruntking
- LUMBER-JACK
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm
- Location: miami broward west palm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
anyone want to post a couple of pics for me ?
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
-
streetfish
- Fisher
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
SWEET! I went out to Haulover yesterday around 6:30... no action whatsoever.JonathanT305 wrote:Reports saying mullet are currently around boca/boynton. Get ready, they're on their way.![]()
Not even a single pod of bait fish...
-
tears143
- KING MACKEREL
- Posts: 795
- Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:49 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
read from another post and saw a video... there's a pod at ft piece.
- Poseidon10/31
- KING MACKEREL
- Posts: 853
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm
- Location: Miami
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Cruised all of Miami Beach from Haulover to Gov Cut this morning, stopping every so often to look for pods. NO PODS ANYWHERE that I could see, didn't stop as frequently up north as I did mid and south beach. I was in Boca Sunday and the ICW had tons of finger mullet, but it took us forever to find some bigger 10-12" size. Not to much action around the bridges or inlet that night unfortunately but we did land some fish. I hope we get this NE blow that they're predicting for the weekend...
- BoatlessFisherman
- Fisherman - Owner - Administrator
- Posts: 5691
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:26 pm
- Location: South Florida
- Contact:
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
------- UPDATE --------
WHITE BAIT AND MULLET REPORT
Mullet have been moving south through palm beach and Broward as for Broward they have been thin and small pods I would guess these are resident mullet migrating from fort pierce and lower. The run should be soon and I would gamble to say that a massive bulk are some where between St Augustine and Cocoa Beach. They have seen some more showing up around Sebastian area and I will say it should go off there this weekend starting Friday.
But there is still a huge amount of White bait between Ft Perice and us, it is moving and moving pretty good I know of at least 13 large schools that passed end of last week heading South at a good 6mph. The white bait moving says it has started.
If I was to guess a date of alot of fish and mullet let it be October 11 this would be a GREAT Day that was Zebcos Birthday and every year we spent the morning fishing for at least the last 15 years SO LET IT ROCK ON that Day.
But really it should happen the first 2 weeks of October.
Fishing Report
Ok lets start at the North Juno Pier
Last week towards the end of the week Bite was strong and they did get some fish but it has started slowing down this week and yesterday was on the slow side, Today they did get 3 Snook caught first thing this Morning and Jacks and Mackerel around here and there so far today.
Broward Area
White bait is a solid stream in the trough every where I have been for as far as I can see and the snook bite on the beach is really good early mornings and evenings.
Big 10 to 15 pound Jacks on Saturday Morning from the beach at the north end of Fort Lauderdale beach around Oakland pk Blvd.
Bluefish have shown themselves and were thick with every cast getting a fish on a Top water for an hour or two Sunday Morning, Some Spanish and Jacks around but bigger macks are around the port inlet and Dania pier I have heard of some nice ones we have not seen any of the big Macks at Anglins Pier yet, have had a lot of 11 to 13 inch Macks, Jack and a couple of keeper Pomps yes a couple of Keeper Pompano but the fishing this week has been hit and miss.
Fishing going to get alot better very soon, see you fishing
WHITE BAIT AND MULLET REPORT
Mullet have been moving south through palm beach and Broward as for Broward they have been thin and small pods I would guess these are resident mullet migrating from fort pierce and lower. The run should be soon and I would gamble to say that a massive bulk are some where between St Augustine and Cocoa Beach. They have seen some more showing up around Sebastian area and I will say it should go off there this weekend starting Friday.
But there is still a huge amount of White bait between Ft Perice and us, it is moving and moving pretty good I know of at least 13 large schools that passed end of last week heading South at a good 6mph. The white bait moving says it has started.
If I was to guess a date of alot of fish and mullet let it be October 11 this would be a GREAT Day that was Zebcos Birthday and every year we spent the morning fishing for at least the last 15 years SO LET IT ROCK ON that Day.
But really it should happen the first 2 weeks of October.
Fishing Report
Ok lets start at the North Juno Pier
Last week towards the end of the week Bite was strong and they did get some fish but it has started slowing down this week and yesterday was on the slow side, Today they did get 3 Snook caught first thing this Morning and Jacks and Mackerel around here and there so far today.
Broward Area
White bait is a solid stream in the trough every where I have been for as far as I can see and the snook bite on the beach is really good early mornings and evenings.
Big 10 to 15 pound Jacks on Saturday Morning from the beach at the north end of Fort Lauderdale beach around Oakland pk Blvd.
Bluefish have shown themselves and were thick with every cast getting a fish on a Top water for an hour or two Sunday Morning, Some Spanish and Jacks around but bigger macks are around the port inlet and Dania pier I have heard of some nice ones we have not seen any of the big Macks at Anglins Pier yet, have had a lot of 11 to 13 inch Macks, Jack and a couple of keeper Pomps yes a couple of Keeper Pompano but the fishing this week has been hit and miss.
Fishing going to get alot better very soon, see you fishing
-Tommy A-
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
- gruntking
- LUMBER-JACK
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm
- Location: miami broward west palm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
hey tommy the same lil mac's are being caught at dania nothing too special going on ogver there
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
-
cvstrat
- FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"
- Posts: 442
- Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Fished Dania a few days ago. Mostly small macs but I some nice ones came up off bottom rigs w/pilchards just outside the bait line.
Bait was everywhere, thicker than I've seen at any point this year with bigger baits and a good variety of different baits.
Saw 2 pods of mullet come through. Not big pods but pods none the less.
Snook wouldn't hit anything although I was fishing mid day... They started stacking up later on as the sun went down but I had to head out.
Bait was everywhere, thicker than I've seen at any point this year with bigger baits and a good variety of different baits.
Saw 2 pods of mullet come through. Not big pods but pods none the less.
Snook wouldn't hit anything although I was fishing mid day... They started stacking up later on as the sun went down but I had to head out.
-
linh
- KING MACKEREL
- Posts: 576
- Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 5:22 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Is it the farther south you go the better chance you have of hooking a tarpon? Still trying to catch my first tarpon.
- BoatlessFisherman
- Fisherman - Owner - Administrator
- Posts: 5691
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:26 pm
- Location: South Florida
- Contact:
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
linh wrote:Is it the farther south you go the better chance you have of hooking a tarpon? Still trying to catch my first tarpon.
The mullet pods will have Tarpon all over them and a safe bet is catch the mullet pods at and inlet and you should get a tarpon. Use a live mullet
-Tommy A-
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
- BoatlessFisherman
- Fisherman - Owner - Administrator
- Posts: 5691
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:26 pm
- Location: South Florida
- Contact:
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Yea but I have heard of some nice ones. You know they have cameras right not hard for any one to see whats going on I love there Cams it is going to tell me when to fish your trough from the beach I do like to fish that trough when it gets rough and the fingers are running can't think of anywhere better here in Broward maybe be the North side of the Port I do well there also. But my info on the macks came from friends that have fished lately.gruntking wrote:hey tommy the same lil mac's are being caught at dania nothing too special going on ogver there
Here is the cam web address for those who would like to check it out let it roll through the cams it is 3 or 4 view angles.
http://daniabeachfl.gov/index.aspx?nid=1640
Here is one that show Anglins Fishing Pier from a little down the beach should still let you see whats happening
http://www.windjammerresort.com/webcam.html
-Tommy A-
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
-
streetfish
- Fisher
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Hey guys - whats the best method to catching the bait fish from the beach when I see that bait running?
Should i be using a Sabiki rig? Do I need to bait it at all?
Should i be using a Sabiki rig? Do I need to bait it at all?
- BoatlessFisherman
- Fisherman - Owner - Administrator
- Posts: 5691
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:26 pm
- Location: South Florida
- Contact:
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
No bait required for Sabiks or throw a cast net--- When it is mullet have 2 rods one with a Krocodile and the other set up for live lining, snag a mullet with your Kroc and put it on the live pole if you have no bait throw the Kroc on and around the edges. I throw a 2oz Kroc
-Tommy A-
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.
- gruntking
- LUMBER-JACK
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm
- Location: miami broward west palm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
i had no idea about the camera i mean ive seen it at the front but never gave it any kind of attention
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
- gruntking
- LUMBER-JACK
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm
- Location: miami broward west palm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
just so yall know i havent been bullshiting bout the fish being around this was sunday night in boca




fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
- gatorjwade
- Old Salt
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:41 am
- Location: Boca Raton, FL
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Well, it's not Broward county, but the 8-10" mullet were thick along the beach in Boca this morning just prior to sunrise. A pack of big snook were going up and down the beach spraying mullet!!! Insanity!... I thot it was a pack of jacks because they were moving pretty quickly, until they sprayed mullet right at me and there was a 3' snook right there in 4" of water next to my feet!!! Crazy! They are HERE.
:-)
Advice?...
I was throwing a spoon.... couldn't get them to hit at all.
I changed to a big topwater after the craziness, but they were mostly gone by then.
I"m thinking big topwater mullet-color, or snag a mullet and free-line it.... whatta' you guys think would be best for this condition?
Thanks.
:-)
Advice?...
I was throwing a spoon.... couldn't get them to hit at all.
I changed to a big topwater after the craziness, but they were mostly gone by then.
I"m thinking big topwater mullet-color, or snag a mullet and free-line it.... whatta' you guys think would be best for this condition?
Thanks.
Jeff
-
joenofishhere
- Seasoned Fisher
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:29 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Awesome Cubera & Snooks GK. I've seen some silver mullet on the flats in Dade but no fingers yet. I got a slot on a jerkbait couple weeks ago but still haven't seen any serious bait.

Walk slow, and carry a big Snook.
- Poseidon10/31
- KING MACKEREL
- Posts: 853
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm
- Location: Miami
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
I'd say hands down a live mullet would have been the ticket. Mullet color swim bait or plug second. I'd snag or net a bait and keep it 5-10' just outside of the bait pod to look like a straggler. Thanks for the update on the bait. Catch em up!gatorjwade wrote:Well, it's not Broward county, but the 8-10" mullet were thick along the beach in Boca this morning just prior to sunrise. A pack of big snook were going up and down the beach spraying mullet!!! Insanity!... I thot it was a pack of jacks because they were moving pretty quickly, until they sprayed mullet right at me and there was a 3' snook right there in 4" of water next to my feet!!! Crazy! They are HERE.
:-)
Advice?...
I was throwing a spoon.... couldn't get them to hit at all.
I changed to a big topwater after the craziness, but they were mostly gone by then.
I"m thinking big topwater mullet-color, or snag a mullet and free-line it.... whatta' you guys think would be best for this condition?
Thanks.
- gruntking
- LUMBER-JACK
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm
- Location: miami broward west palm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
yess paul it was caught in boca
toons of fingers lastnight lots of fishing working them i was a lil further north then boca say lakeworth just tooo many baits to catch anything
8 slots so far n counting
toons of fingers lastnight lots of fishing working them i was a lil further north then boca say lakeworth just tooo many baits to catch anything
8 slots so far n counting
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
-
linh
- KING MACKEREL
- Posts: 576
- Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 5:22 pm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
Damn I couldn't find any finger mullet in lake worth early this morning
- gruntking
- LUMBER-JACK
- Posts: 3997
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm
- Location: miami broward west palm
Re: 2013 BROWARD AREA----------Mullet Run & Fall Run---RIP T
i guess you werent looking in the right places
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN