Mullet Run 2011--REPORT your sightings please

This area is by invitation ONLY --- Ask me if your not able to view
fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Mullet Run 2011--REPORT your sightings please

Post by fixed80 »

lots of mullet here in brevard and indian river. tarpon are all over them feeding.

caught this 6' nurse while out there.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

phino wrote: nice. beautiful shark too
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder :mrgreen:

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

fished 3 hours lost a few caught 3 one 25 one 31 an one 35 Image

fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

reelgr
Fisher

Post by reelgr »

I looked up and down the angler piers beaches.. didn't see much other than pilchards this morning.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

A couple hog legs spotted very late last night around boynton inlet. :toast:

jayfrizzo
Weekend Warrior

Post by jayfrizzo »

Northeast swell coming in next week. Hopefully that'll get them moving (and get me surfing in the meantime).

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Yes if this holds true should shake things up a bit
, Please fish gods bring on some wind.

Rest Of Tonight...East winds 8 to 11 knots. Seas 2 feet. Dominant period 3 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Saturday...East northeast winds 7 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Dominant period 3 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Saturday Night...East northeast winds 9 to 12 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Dominant period 3 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. slight chance of showers.

Sunday...Northeast winds 11 to 14 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. North northeast swell 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers through the day. Slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Sunday Night Through Monday Night...East winds 11 to 14 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. North northeast swell 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Tuesday...East winds 10 to 13 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers. Slight chance of thunderstorms through the day. Chance of showers in the afternoon.

Tuesday Night...East winds 13 to 16 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Wednesday...East winds 12 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers. Slight chance of thunderstorms through the day. Chance of showers in the afternoon.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bluemack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluemack »

Thanks tOmmy! Looks like its gonna happen soon.. Happy fishing!!

jmwands
Fisher

Post by jmwands »

Hey a Tommy, how long does it take with favorable winds for the mullet to get going?

BoatlessFisherman

jmwands wrote:Hey a Tommy, how long does it take with favorable winds for the mullet to get going?
Anyones guess, The ocean and coastal condition to the north of Jupiter are favorable for a move so something should start to happen as for the mullet, will they move as far south as us I am not sure, our conditions are ok not great but better than it has been.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

jmwands
Fisher

Post by jmwands »

Well I'm at jetty park and there's plenty of mullet( finger) here but my plenty may be different than your plenty!

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Over the last couple of weeks I have seen very large numbers of mullet in the ICW from WPB to Boca. The snook have been gorging making them very difficult to catch on artificial's. I have had better success getting as far from the mullet as I can and picking up a lone snook hanging next to a sea wall.

Signguy
Weekend Warrior

Post by Signguy »

Saw 2 Big schools yesterday evening, on beach Just south of Highland Beach. about 40 feet long, by 20 feet across. Snagged 1 mullet with a sabiki, so I had to release it. It was 7 inches long. Fishing was great, catching, not so much. Saw 1 Bruiser sized Snook, in a wave. The Weeds were just terrible.
A true fisherman approaches the first day of fishing much
as a child approaches Christmas, with the eager
anticipation, sleepless nights, making of lists,
and the anticipating of pleasure.

JWORM904
Weekend Warrior

Post by JWORM904 »

Uh, why release the mullet? Unless you released it with a circle hook threw its nose! That is snook candy, C'mon man

BoatlessFisherman

Mullet Moving through today I would say 9 to 12 pods the size of 1/4 to 1/2 a football field each so they are moving just hope it continues.

Monday if i was to go somewhere I would wander to the North side of PE
-Tommy A-

jmwands
Fisher

Post by jmwands »

Saw 4-5 pods moving thru the surf at cocoa beach, no huge but one was20 yards long? Some good action at JP last night. All I fought was bait and a sore tailbone, and lucky that was all,,, something was moving the bait all over only a few yards off the rock and fish and game was there. That thinned out the crowd a little! :D

Jm

bsfl
Fisher

Post by bsfl »

Saw a couple pods off ft. lauderdale beach Sunday Sept. 18. Nothing on them, too many people in the water

JustTVH
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JustTVH »

2 large pods pushing north. Just south of Atlantic blvd. seas 2 - 4'

BoatlessFisherman

Ok so hows it looking

This is a Report I am not saying it will be this good this weekend, water and wind are laying down and this is going to change things and more than likely not for the better but sometimes it good to gamble.

Came out to check the water at about 2 or 3am current was heading North but still had small pods of mullet running south every few minutes, Blues were solid deep and big Ladyfish shallow and tarpon. So decided it may be good to get some sleep so I could fish a little in the late afternoon to the evening on Thursday.

Got up and back to the pier mullet had turned around and were now heading North we had a solid stream from about 9am to 2 pm so guess what they all have to come back by and more because the dummys are running the wrong way but i like that more fishing.

Ladyfish, jacks, and Blues were around and a few Tarpon. I grabbed a rod and started fishing at about 4pm and it was Bluefish after bluefish and then little ladys and a couple of Jacks around 4 to 5 lbs an hour before the sun went down the blues came back pretty solid I would say I released about 30 Blues and kept 8 and a few Ladyfish and the jacks.

So the Big question will it be the same this weekend, from what the forecast is I don't think so but what do I know the fish are supposed to be going south, I do believe we will see Blues at night along with Big Ladyfish, mullet are still passing in small pods to the North as I write this, Crap thats alot of mullet that has to come all the way back by.

Might be a good idea to walk the beaches and toss top water were you see birds working over this weekend.

Mullet are for sure here in this area thick and so are the Blues
0922111253a.jpg
0922111253c.jpg
blue0911b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Tommy A-

sebastien
Weekend Warrior

Post by sebastien »

1st post here..hi..pretty thick in the intercoastal around 17th st bridge..just got home a little while ago..with a you know what for dindin tomorrow.
Go Fishing!

HnKnSkyWlKr
Weekend Warrior

Post by HnKnSkyWlKr »

I live up off the jupiter inlet pretty much where it splits off to the loxahatchee river.
They havent been coming through thick like in the pics but there will be schools of 50-70
both big black mullet and lil finger mullet,both getting picked up.
Went out to dock last sat nite with a 6 pack,a net, and a rod.
i threw the net and pulled up 12-14 nice fingers,put one on free lined flicked him out grabbed a beer,and got hit by a big ass cuda,fought him for like 45sec and lost him,had the hook through the nose and that was the only part of him the didnt go in the cudas mouth.

JustTVH
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JustTVH »

Bait was in thick this am in pompano bait approx 1 mile long. Right on the beach. Tarpon airborne til 7:45am. Got 2 large runners and jumped a 5' tarpon. Bait so thick i was having a hard time not snagging them

Tarpon came through and broke the pod up and pushed them North.

flroper
Fisher

Post by flroper »

st johns and flagler county schools of mullet everywhere

jezratty
Old Salt

Post by jezratty »

saw some schools of mullet off the southern bridge this evening..too far for me to catch in my cast net.. something was chasing them.. had some pinfish freelined but no bites.. caught and released a few undersized grovers on live shrimp

Return to “Florida Fishing Runs Fall and Spring”