2013 Mullet & Fall Run South Florida Area Reports--RIP Zebco

This area is by invitation ONLY --- Ask me if your not able to view
gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: 2013 Mullet & Fall Run South Florida Area Reports--RIP Z

Post by gruntking »

trust me i'll fish i'll fish in the cold i'll fish in the rain i'll fish in the heat i'll fish in the wind i'll fish in the day i'll fish in the night with no lights i'll fish 2 days an not catch anything but i'll still be there casting
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Im hoping to see you gentlemen at the pier sunday morning :-)

-swordfish

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Took a quick peek this morning (10 mins. only) and didn't see baitpods or anything crashing at the moment.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Questions for the Mullet Run:

What is the typical wind speed and/or wave height or general conditions when most people pack up and have more success at a pier?

Also, what tackle changes do I make going from beach to pier? Heavier sinkers, round to pyramind (fishfinder rig)? 12' to 10' rod?

p.s. I am not trying to overcrowd any piers. Just getting prepared as I would like to not have any gear issues and finally share some pictures of nice catches! Please pm me if preferred.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Thanks for the tips.

Stopped by the beach just now as I was nearby for lunch. It was flat as could be except for one very good-looking woman.

No birds, bait or top water ripples.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

sunrise in Boca:... minnows, a 75' wide pod of mullet, small jacks, 14" blues, 2' ladies, and had a 5' tarpon on my big topwater for about 30 seconds.... it jumpted and threw my lure. :-( See ya' on the beach!...
Jeff

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

No bait that I could see on SoBe today. The water wasn't too churned up as the wind was W NW this am. Around 9 it started to come out of the NE and the waves were picking up. Went 0 for 2 on snook with the hand line. One of the snook was a 40+ in and I pulled the hook on it dragging it out of the surf. :mad: :mad: :mad: Thank goodness the weather is starting to change for the better!

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

gatorjwade wrote:sunrise in Boca:... minnows, a 75' wide pod of mullet, small jacks, 14" blues, 2' ladies, and had a 5' tarpon on my big topwater for about 30 seconds.... it jumpted and threw my lure. :-( See ya' on the beach!...
Niiiiiice!!! Boom, here comes the boom...

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:No bait that I could see on SoBe today. The water wasn't too churned up as the wind was W NW this am. Around 9 it started to come out of the NE and the waves were picking up. Went 0 for 2 on snook with the hand line. One of the snook was a 40+ in and I pulled the hook on it dragging it out of the surf. :mad: :mad: :mad: Thank goodness the weather is starting to change for the better!
Since bait is so easy to get right now, I grabbed a few more and went to mid beach for high tide. Using the hand line I got a few jacks from 5-10 lbs and a decent snook. Get out there during this NE blow and you'll be rewarded. Notice the yo-yo around my wrist. Can't wait to get a poon on the yo-yo! Image

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

lol on the yoyo.

awesome fish man.

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

gatorjwade wrote:sunrise in Boca:... minnows, a 75' wide pod of mullet, small jacks, 14" blues, 2' ladies, and had a 5' tarpon on my big topwater for about 30 seconds.... it jumpted and threw my lure. :-( See ya' on the beach!...

Nice!!....be out there soon

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Out last night, nothing surfside but surfers. Worked some bridges and got some action but couldn't land a snook.

Before sunrise, nothing off the beach again but tons of mullet and good size jacks slapping them up against both sides of the intercoastal. Caught a couple and sent a live finger mullet towards a snook but he didn't bite.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Anglins Pier and I am sure the others did the same or better

Thursday morning crap loads of anchovies up and down the trough as far as I could see right in the wash up, a few small pods of mullet all heading slowly south. Not much happening as for fishing a few jacks and a couple of Mackerel and Snakes "Baby Kings" left at 9am and then the macks came in for a little while 1lb to 3lbders with a 4 or so thrown in, also a lot of undersize Muttons. So So day of fishing

Friday
Water looked great, fish did not want to stick around long in and out fast, Spanish Macks, Snakes, alot of jacks, Ladyfish and about 5 keeper Pomps the entire was in and out from my understanding again so so day of fishing so you caught fish but it was not a wow day.

It is better now and expect it to continue`for the next few days, Mullet pods are still moving pass daily they are small pods but a few every morning and through the day and I expect to see more over the weekend. Icw has been top off with mullet on days I have checked early morning.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:
Poseidon10/31 wrote:No bait that I could see on SoBe today. The water wasn't too churned up as the wind was W NW this am. Around 9 it started to come out of the NE and the waves were picking up. Went 0 for 2 on snook with the hand line. One of the snook was a 40+ in and I pulled the hook on it dragging it out of the surf. :mad: :mad: :mad: Thank goodness the weather is starting to change for the better!
Since bait is so easy to get right now, I grabbed a few more and went to mid beach for high tide. Using the hand line I got a few jacks from 5-10 lbs and a decent snook. Get out there during this NE blow and you'll be rewarded. Notice the yo-yo around my wrist. Can't wait to get a poon on the yo-yo! Image

By the way Awesome, :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

North Boca beach was dead at sunrise today. :-(
Jeff

1alopez
Fisher

Post by 1alopez »

I think im going to anglins tomorow at sunrise ! Hopefully fishings good.!

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

gatorjwade wrote:North Boca beach was dead at sunrise today. :-(
..... I feel your pain, RR was dead last night....water looks much better today though

Chief Wahoo
Fisher

Post by Chief Wahoo »

Fished south Boca beach from 6:30am till 9:30am with no success. One guy caught a stingray with dead pilchard. That was the story of the day. No live bait showed up...just paddle boarders.

bunun
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bunun »

boynton beach inlet, blue runners all over the place, no bait.

huge snappers under the jettys, if you can get your bait to them before the trash fish get to them.

1alopez
Fisher

Post by 1alopez »

Fished anglins pier today from sunrise till 2 p.m , no bait what so ever , all that was around was trash fish.

flycaster
Fisher

Post by flycaster »

Went down to Boynton Inlet, southside, at around 12 and left at 1. No bait, no fish, waves not for fly rodder...

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Didn't see any bait this afternoon on Miami's mid beach but the snook were there. Lost a fish on the hand line that was easily 40+. I cursed for a good 15 minutes straight after losing that pig. Stupid Yo-yo.

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

Chief Wahoo wrote:Fished south Boca beach from 6:30am till 9:30am with no success. One guy caught a stingray with dead pilchard. That was the story of the day. No live bait showed up...just paddle boarders.
I went last night..(Saturday)...same..surfers no fish ....so much for the NE wind...blowing fish in,it seems to have done the opposite

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Got out to Anglins this morning with my brother... i personally caught 3 mackerel, 2 being spanish, one a King, close to 19 inches. Everything went back, they were very deep, all caught on crappie jigs! My brother caught another keeper mack that was released as well. You had to work HARD for hits today, very very slow! Was good to see a lot of familiar website faces!

-swordfish

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

Fished Lloyd Park and the jetty today. Small, scattered pods of mullet in the creek. Netted a dozen fingers and two 12 inchers. Live-lined, bottom rigs cut and live...nuthin'. One houndfish to show for all the effort. Maybe next week.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death, It's much more important than that.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Nothing about nothing. Fished the beach and a few bridges on the ICW Friday morning and night and Saturday morning and night. Some sights and action but nothing to blow up anyone's skirt.

:scratch:

Saco1997
Fisher

Post by Saco1997 »

Thursday and Friday were insane... Jack, snook, blues, some monsters that justripped line and made my mornings! Ft Lauderdale beach was on fire. Yesterday and today, just one or two random shark hits and a pig snook that took a live mullet 14" I netted in the canal... Spit it just as fast as she snatched it.

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

No bait, but jacks, pompano, and bluefish on Miami Beach (Sobe- mid beach). Sight casted a 30" trumpet fish on a finger mullet. That was a cool looking fish for sure, not sure exactly what species it was but closely resembled a trumpet fish.

Return to “Florida Fishing Runs Fall and Spring”