Surf Casting Myrtle Beach - Need info.

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Surf Casting Myrtle Beach - Need info.

Post by Cookinman »

Will be here on business a couple days next Month. hotel is onthe water. Surf Fishing IS allowed at night.

I am limited in what I can bring on the plane, and wanted to know if it was worth the hassle ( I already have a travel case, so planning on one 2 PC surf Rod and a sand spike. Penn 750 goes in the suitcase W limited tackle and a few rigs...

What can I expect to catch from the surf here at night in Late May? That will help me to pack tackle...

Best Bait to use ( will have to buy it there, and likely will have no downbucket or live well capacity.... )

Do I cast out as far as I can or is there a trough like in so FL?

Am I better off with fishing a trolley rig at the local pier at night?
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

big_matt_duq
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Surf Casting Myrtle Beach - Need info.

Post by big_matt_duq »

might get some early kings off the pier...i dunno though never fished there. only obx. cobia should be there then but that all depends on how the beach runs. i would bet spanish are arround...all depends on the water temp. good luck there are a few pier websites in that area i think

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Surf Casting Myrtle Beach - Need info.

Post by Cookinman »

Thanks for the reply !

Unfortunately the trip was just scrapped an hour ago - Oh well - Maybe next time !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”