VA Update

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
wavygravy
Fisher

VA Update

Post by wavygravy »

Thought I would stop lurking so much being jealous of the warm weather down south. Fishings finally getting sweet around here, waters up into the 70's and the fish are chewin. Been out several times in the kayak catching pup drum in the inlets. Nonstop action in and around the flats. Average 3-4 hour night Ill catch 20-30. People with boats are having a great time with the stripers, monster reds (50"+) and monster blacks (45"+). Flounder fishings been slow, and the warmer offshore waters are reluctant to make it north, tuna and dolphin are still being found pretty easily though. The spring has been good so far though, tight lines! :happyfisherman:

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Re: VA Update

Post by StyngRay »

wavygravy wrote:Flounder fishings been slow, and the warmer offshore waters are reluctant to make it north, tuna and dolphin are still being found pretty easily though. The spring has been good so far though, tight lines! :happyfisherman:
My Friend, where are you outside of the area?
I'm writing from 33009 in Florida.
The LOW pressure system above Tennessee is doing it's counterclockwise motion against the Gulf Coast and Atlantic side of the State.
As you mentioned the Dolphinfish and Tuna are out there.
I know a Dolphinfish when I've seen one, is there any chance the Bonito are being confused with the jumping footballs known as a true raw tuna?
I only ask because Flounder fishing is easily done by bottom fishing the shore and jetty North of Juno.
Not to be compared with offshore, unless you paddle your Yak around the jetties on a slack tide.
Is there a wreck or reef I need to know about? eatpop
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”