Murphy, NC

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
swordfish
SHARKER

Murphy, NC

Post by swordfish »

Hey all,

Anyone have any knowledge on trout fishing around Murphy, NC? Going to be spending a few days up there due to work and would love to get away for a few hours of hunting for my first trout! I love our website and a big part of it is the fact that often you can find local knowledge, as well as a new buddy or two along the way, so figured I'd ask!

-Swordfish

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Murphy, NC

Post by lkatze2 »

i assume you mean freshwater trout. I am not familiar with NC but Most of the trout in the North East are stocked from hatcheries. We called it put and take, the hatchery put them in and we would take them out. U sually the rivers or lakes that are stocked have signs along the side of the road or river where they have stocked. Look for the signs on trees or pickup a brochure from the State of NC, most states will also list where they have stocked. It is kind of late in the season for trout, but worth trying for.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Yep. They have a very good late season trout fishing there. They have stocked and wild rivers. I just figured may as well try and catch something! All catch and release no matter what!

-Swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

I'll text you later. That was my old stomping ground before moving down

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

THATS why i love this website! You gonna get me on a trout amirite? I dont wanna get arrested and the rules seem quite complex!!!!

-Swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Rules are simple. Long as you can read a sign to know what water you're fishing (wild) (open) (delayed) you'll be fine. Fly I presume?

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Fly stricktly. No room for anything else in the car. Ill find me a fly shop and get some local tied flies :bounce:

Id love to catch me one, dont care size or species, just want a cold water fish! Ill strap on the go pro to share with yall!

-Swordfish

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

dont forget a good pair of hip boots or waders

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”