3-24-07 Farm Pond

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

3-24-07 Farm Pond

Post by kyfisherman »

Went to a local farm pond this evening for about 45 minutes, casting a yellow rapala crank bait, caught 2 largemouth, 1 was about 13in, one was about 11. My dad also caught 1 about 13in.

So, it's still slow for me, the river should be on fire right now but its plagued by high water.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

No frown at least your fishing now . I am sure your counting the days til you head south.

kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kyfisherman »

yeah i sure am....... i'm also really excited about fishing the ohio river, something thats been in my backdoor for my whole life, but my family never fished it so i didnt, now i see it as a huge chance to get some better fishing in up here as well.......

here with the HUGGGeee drainage basin of the ohio river it's hard to catch the river down where you can fish it... Been trying to for 3 weeks, water has been at least 20 feet to high ever since, thats right 20 FEET lol

and the creeks around my house are low, its' all coming from ohio and pennylvania

agroce23
Seasoned Fisher

Post by agroce23 »

Pretty sweet, I couldn't imagine having to wait that long. What species of Trout are up there? I used to live in WA and miss the Trout... Especially the Steelhead........

kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kyfisherman »

ohh well the trout fishing up here isn't that good really, only trout we have are stocked in the fall and spring months for people to catch, they are all rainbows. All our water here in my region is way to warm in the summer to have trout. There is a lake nearby that is stocked and has a year-round fishable population of trout, the lake is about 50 feet deep and allows them to get into deep water, in the dead of summer we can catch the trout using lights in 18-28 feet of water.

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”