Greenup dam fishing Report w/pics Big fish!!!

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Greenup dam fishing Report w/pics Big fish!!!

Post by kyfisherman »

To start out I'm going to show you all a couple of fish that were caught on May 10 by a friend of mine, these were the biggest we caught that day. These were caught on cut shad. One was 8# even, the other was 6#13oz.

Now for my 5/19/07 report

Went to the river and started searching for bait, couldn't find any shad or shiners anywhere. Got there about 9 a.m.. Kept throwing the cast net and eventually caught a few shad and got lucky and scooped up about 4 or 5 moon eyes! Fishing was kinda slow all day but was consistent. I was accompanied by my cousin, his dad, and his grandpa bruce. We did end up cathching some nice fish.

First pic, Doug and Eric. Doug's stringer, 4 fish biggest 8#8oz, 6#7oz

Next is a picture of Eric with his 4 fish limit, they went from 3 to 5#.

Here is my new biggest fish of the year, a 10#4oz hybrid caught on a cut mooneye!

Now we can't live out "farmer bruce" with his big catch of the day. He caught this lil hybrid on cut shad.

All and all another good day fishing on my new found favorite fishing hole!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

You are killing em out there KY !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kyfisherman »

went down this evening, fished from 4:30 til 8:00 caught 20 more hybirds, all were released tonight, they ranged from the smallest of 1.5# up to the 6.5# range... tried a totally new tactic on them this evening. I was using a 3/32oz crappie jig along a wall

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Those are some nice fish, nice 10+ pounder
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kyfisherman »

going back this evening, going to be going after them with crappie jigs again lol

Hopefully I'll get a few pics....

bassZooKa
Weekend Warrior

Post by bassZooKa »

do u know are they the same as the striped bass we have up north they look kinda the same but apear fatter -- congrats on the catch dude

kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kyfisherman »

caught 35 this evening on a 1/32oz crappie jig lol. all fish were from 14-17 inches. no big ones tonight, but my elbow is sore, they hite like a ton of bricks!

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”