Search Help

If you experience any problems registering please email info@boatlessfishing.com , I will fix issue ASAP, you should be activated with in 24 hours.
saltydoug
Weekend Warrior

Search Help

Post by saltydoug »

I want to get returns for the phrase "Tackle Box". Not just tackle or box.
Double and single quotes don' t do it. I get 1400+ threads returned that contain just the word tackle or the word box.
Same thing for "Filet Knife".

Most all my fishing gear (and tools) were stolen awhile back and now that I'm back in the land surrounded by water I'm in the process of restocking. I know there's already threads on these. I like to search before asking a FAQ, that's just the kind of new_guy I am.

I'm thinking a bag with room for 4+ trays and plenty of pockets. Could swap the trays dependent on the trip's target. And then all the pockets for stuff needed all the time. Would be great if its water proof. And maybe could be carried like a backpack. I'm actually using a backpack now and it works OK but starting to rip out and its not waterproof.

The filet knife was not stolen. It was in the kitchen with all the other knifes. Kim is packing the kitchen up on the last move and decides we have too many knives. Seriously :mad: I musta been a real oscar mayer in a previous life.
Is the Bubba Blade all that?

Thanks!
Paying dues; two cents at a time.

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Search Help

Post by cvstrat »

Google indexes all of the threads on here. Go go google.com and search for

site:boatlessfishing.com "tackle box"

restricts results to boatless and only where the words tackle and box are used together.

I'd recommend using a cheap backpack like the old ones you used to take to school. Spend a few bucks on the plano boxes that seal when you close em. Bass pro has all different sizes of them in stock: http://www.planomolding.com/product.php ... 39&PID=729

They also make the same boxes that are waterproof but designed to hold your stuff like phone and wallet. Pelican makes a good small one http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1040-Micr ... B001GGBORU

Just get the size you need for our phone and keys or whatever.

Get a dexter fillet knife. They're used by commercial guys.

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

The bubba is nice but I went back to dexter. Bag wise,like you I used a backpack for years because it was easy when fishing along the ditch. Switched over to basspro boat bag about a year ago, holds 4-6 Plano boxes depending how I pack it. Got a Calcutta backpack that I use as well but I like the boat bag better for whatever reason.

I've got extra stuff you're more than welcome to if you wanna post up a wish list I'll see what I have.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

I got a boat bag with 4 tackle boxes from Walmart cheaper than dicks or bp but all wall marts are different with what they carry

I replaced the boxes with waterproof ones to protect my stuff.

I just got the bigger flex bubba blade. It's the poop

saltydoug
Weekend Warrior

Post by saltydoug »

Thanks Gents. And leadslinger your offer is very generous, I truly appreciate that. I think I'm gonna stick with the backpack style with plano boxes for terminal and lures and a waterproof version for the cell, wallet, etc.

I think I've got a pretty good start on things with the items left behind and those newly acquired; castnets, bridge net, lanterns and lights, bait buckets and aerators, some terminal tackle and a basic set of lures (xraps, hawks, mirrors, spoons, spook, goofy, gotcha, jigs, etc) but need to broaden the sizes and colors.

I still need a bridge/pier/beach cart; sand spikes, maybe a bridge gaff; I'm sure there's some other things; suggestions welcome.

I definitely need to expand on the rods and reels. I have a 3000, 4000, Baitrunner 6500 a couple TLD 25s and a FinNor Lethal 100 on a jigging rod. The baitrunner and TLDs are on shorter heavy action boat rods. From what I understand I need longer rods on those reels for working around the obstructions and longer and slower action for casting distance. Still working on all that but open to suggestions there as well.

Thanks Again!

- Doug
Paying dues; two cents at a time.

Return to “User Help for BF Forums and Rule of use”