Love the site just some suggestions

If you experience any problems registering please email info@boatlessfishing.com , I will fix issue ASAP, you should be activated with in 24 hours.
mike j
Weekend Warrior

Love the site just some suggestions

Post by mike j »

I am new here and very impressed with the site. I am offering some suggestions to improve the site. when you first log on the announcements section it looks like no one has posted in three plus years. first thing when you log on should be recent members catches it will get more attention and interest. Put a section right in the front what's running right now and how a boatless fisherman can catch it (it will draw novice fisherman and non native fishermen). Try to draw the people that use to post often back. what Impressed me was the wealth of knowledge and information of what type of fish are available at what time time. I have been looking back on surf fishing from this month in years past , thanks great site.

ez2cdave
Fisher

Re: Love the site just some suggestions

Post by ez2cdave »

Mike,

Agreed . . . I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, during the 1970's - mid 80's. I lived in St.Lucie county from the mid-80's - mid-2000's. In 2006, I moved to NC ( worst mistake I ever made ) and I am now "trapped" here, both financially and by "family".

Anyway, this Forum defintely needs a "face-lift" and we need to build up the Membership, ASAP !

mike j
Weekend Warrior

Post by mike j »

Mike j , September 20 me again and just like a new guy posting a lot. I'm unclear on several issues of posting and replying to posts on this site. It doesn't seem clear cut, I feel other people are not sure where to post. I have been posting about where I fish Boynton up to Jupiter. Today I was looking at a posting about Boynton surf conditions should I have just replied to that even though it hasn't been kept up in the last year or posted a new topic? I will freely admit I am not very skilled on the computer ( its not where my skills apply). Should I make a reply to a question that is a year or more old ? finally I wanted to stress how much I value the information on this site.

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

mike j wrote:Mike j , September 20 me again and just like a new guy posting a lot. I'm unclear on several issues of posting and replying to posts on this site. It doesn't seem clear cut, I feel other people are not sure where to post. I have been posting about where I fish Boynton up to Jupiter. Today I was looking at a posting about Boynton surf conditions should I have just replied to that even though it hasn't been kept up in the last year or posted a new topic? I will freely admit I am not very skilled on the computer ( its not where my skills apply). Should I make a reply to a question that is a year or more old ? finally I wanted to stress how much I value the information on this site.
I wouldn't sweat it, this place is pretty laid back. Either is just fine. At this point, any new (non Russian spam!) posts are good posts, wherever they may be.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

MrEnigma wrote:
mike j wrote:Mike j , September 20 me again and just like a new guy posting a lot. I'm unclear on several issues of posting and replying to posts on this site. It doesn't seem clear cut, I feel other people are not sure where to post. I have been posting about where I fish Boynton up to Jupiter. Today I was looking at a posting about Boynton surf conditions should I have just replied to that even though it hasn't been kept up in the last year or posted a new topic? I will freely admit I am not very skilled on the computer ( its not where my skills apply). Should I make a reply to a question that is a year or more old ? finally I wanted to stress how much I value the information on this site.
I wouldn't sweat it, this place is pretty laid back. Either is just fine. At this point, any new (non Russian spam!) posts are good posts, wherever they may be.
Yeah, the Russian crap is getting old. Tommy has really let this site go to hell.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Ice wrote:
MrEnigma wrote:
Yeah, the Russian crap is getting old. Tommy has really let this site go to hell.

Hold them horses with such accusations. Russian or USA or who the hell - not that easy to keep spam off the site without funds and paid for tools as well as People checking the site. Is more to it than you think.

Most the spam are bots always changing. But hey if you have the time and the funds why not help out. You know like in the Trump thread with the like EVERYONE SAYS NO ONE DOES

Sorry but your comment is not thought out. Frankly it is BS

You missing the JP times?
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Return to “User Help for BF Forums and Rule of use”