Looking to charter a boat in late April

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Looking to charter a boat in late April

Post by cvstrat »

Hey guys I'm going to be down in Key West for my bachelor party in late April. I'm looking to charter a boat for 6 of us. Mostly looking for bottom fishing muttons and grouper. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :toast:

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Looking to charter a boat in late April

Post by cvstrat »

any ideas??

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

I'd say go with a commercial skipper, they'll give you a hell of a price and put you on some good fishing...

-Swordfish

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

I'm gonna need it to be fully rigged, we won't have any gear with us :(

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Then you're going to want to go with either a party boat or a charter boat. Not sure what the rates are there. I am certain others can chime in.

-Swordfish

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

I haven't hit any charters down there yet, but spear one charters is the guy that does the "into the blue" tv show i think his name is Steve Rodger it's on fox sports don't be fooled by the name fishing is their main charter lol

Pilgrim
Weekend Warrior

Post by Pilgrim »

baseball4life702 wrote:I haven't hit any charters down there yet, but spear one charters is the guy that does the "into the blue" tv show i think his name is Steve Rodger it's on fox sports don't be fooled by the name fishing is their main charter lol
sounds expensive..
..as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Eh probably not the highest though, it's like 1000 for a full day and I know guys that charge 1200-1500 throughout the keys, but if it was my bachelors party I would go all out anyways lol

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Nevermind my suggestion I checked his site to be sure and it says 1-4 people so I'm not sure he accommodates 6

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Most boats charge 1000 for a full day offshore. I went on the capt easy charter boat 3 times so far but we were jigging.

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

I'm thinking we could spring a grand for a day. It's six of us. Yeah the spear one charter would have been a no brainer if it could hold more people :(

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

linh wrote:Most boats charge 1000 for a full day offshore. I went on the capt easy charter boat 3 times so far but we were jigging.
But Capt Easy in the middle of the keys, Islamorada

Son of Richard,

Are you going to the dirty south, the end of the road key west it has to be, right?

If so, can in touch with Eddie Griffiths Charters. Capt. Eddie number is 305-587-3437. This might be your best be. If not, Eddie will point you in the right direction. If you do go ask for Capt. Shane to be your capt.

http://www.fishcapteddie.com/tr.htm

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

I hope I get to see my dad for at least a day or two while I'm in town. I know he misses me so much!

I was thinking that the drive to Islamorada might be brutal with a hangover, so it's probably best to be in key west for sure. Thank you for the advice, I'll be calling them!

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

You can give this guy a call, Capt. Kevin Wilson, he was born and raised in Key West. He and his wife Barbie run Knee Deep Charters, his rates say for 1-4 but I think they will take up to 8, they run a 28' Whitewater and know where the fish are every day. When not booked for a charter they are alos hook & line as well as spearfish commercial fisher-people.. (Kevins dad Mike is one of my cousins)

If ya want to run up to Marathon Capt. B.J Meyer runs Silent Hunter, He also captains a custom 39' SeaVee with several outboards purpose built/rigged for tournament fishing. He is a second generation charter captain, was born and raised in Marathon and been guiding for several years, his father Captain Barry Meyer also runs charters, (I think) back country and offshore, they also have a rental property in Marathon where the boats are kept. BJ's mother, Connie Meyer, used to live next door to us in Key Largo and grew up in the Keys also.
If you can get out for a day on the tournament boat that would be a real experience for a batchelors party.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”