"Fishful Thinking" boat

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

"Fishful Thinking" boat

Post by BEOWULF »

Anybody been on the Fishful Thinking boat out of Ft Laud? Any good?

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Re: "Fishful Thinking" boat

Post by MrEnigma »

I know I'm raising this thread from the dead (haven't been on or fishing much since the little guy was born), but I have been on this boat twice due to a special deal they were running about a year ago. I would never go again.

They hit the exact same four spots, on both trips, in the exact same order each time. They stay in each spot for the same amount of time then move on, regardless of whether anyone is catching anything. It was like they were running on a bus schedule. If nobody is catching, too bad, timer hasn't run out yet. If people are catching, which was very, very rare, too bad, lines in time to move to the next scheduled spot.

At least the mates were nice, even if they knew precious little about...you know...fish.

In my opinion, 100% a tourist trap.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Is this out of Las Olas, next to 7/11?

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

kblue wrote:Is this out of Las Olas, next to 7/11?
It's down 17th street just east of the bridge, if I'm not mistaken.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Hey thanks for the reply, it's not been long enough to call it dead though, lol. So I checked them out too, got on board for $26. A few triggers and a keeper mutton, believe it or not. That's for the entire boat. I got $26+tip's worth of skunk. Oh, and they came in a few minutes early too. :thumbdown:

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

BEOWULF wrote:Hey thanks for the reply, it's not been long enough to call it dead though, lol. So I checked them out too, got on board for $26. A few triggers and a keeper mutton, believe it or not. That's for the entire boat. I got $26+tip's worth of skunk. Oh, and they came in a few minutes early too. :thumbdown:
Pretty sure on my second (and last) trip, the entire boat was skunked. Literally. 0/20 came back with as much as aa single grunt.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”