Superbowl Smoking

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Superbowl Smoking

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Fired up the smoker last night to make a few treats. Anyone else do any good cooking for the last game of the year?

First on, and last off, was a 10 lb pork butt. Rubbed in my favorite homemade rub, and ended up taking close to 17 hours to get up to temperature. Before and after:

Put a small 3 lb corned beef brisket that has been in the freezer since last St. Paddys day, rubbed it in fresh crack peppercorns and smoked around 6 hours. Should make some good lunchmeat this week.

And can't go without Atomic Buffalo Turds...jalapeno peppers, topped with cream cheese, a Little Smokey sausage, and wrapped in bacon.

And of course all washed down with plenty of Cigar City Maduro brown ale, and Sailor Jerry and Dr. Pepper. :toast: :toast:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Superbowl Smoking

The ABTs have almost no heat, I scrape out all the seeds and white veins. Although it is fun to leave one or two with the seeds and veins, and watch the reaction of your friends to see who gets it :mrgreen:

Melissa made some cookies with chunks of Heath bar in them, they were great. I told her that she was on thin ice, for not making us cookies for the last jigging trip :mrgreen:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

rare wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote: Melissa made some cookies with chunks of Heath bar in them, they were great. I told her that she was on thin ice, for not making us cookies for the last jigging trip :mrgreen:
*LOL*

Listen, don't give her any lip about anything. If Karen kicks me out & Melissa kicks you out we have to go to plan C: Ricky's home
Umm...my plan C is to put a tent up on the middle of Long Key. I figure I can make it a few weeks eating grunt ceviche before the sheriff kicks me off :lol:
Last edited by PhishingPhanatic on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

That's some good looking grub. Did the HBT get smoked too? :shock: :shock:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

firebeforice
Old Salt

Post by firebeforice »

+1 for the chimney starter

Also i see that you smoked your butt with a smoker. Have you ever used a regular weber/kettle with grill baskets to smoke?...

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

If I could still eat mea :chef: t, I would definitely eat all that. Looks great man

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

firebeforice wrote:+1 for the chimney starter

Also i see that you smoked your butt with a smoker. Have you ever used a regular weber/kettle with grill baskets to smoke?...
I use a Weber Smokey Mountain. It was well worth the money, is incredibly easy to maintain a good smoking temperature for hours and hours.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Looks awesome Rory, looks like you guys had your hands (And stomach) full :dude:

My Wife and I didn't cook, we were in the keys most of the day and had an early lunch at Alabama Jacks, fresh fried Snapper for the win there. :pistols:

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”