Rickenbacker 2009 -10-11-12-13-14-15 Fishing Reports Only

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Rickenbacker 2009 -10-11-12-13-14-15 Fishing Reports Only

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Fishing reports here
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Rickenbacker 2009 - Fishing Reports Only

Post by fixed80 »

rare wrote:I'm hearing from a few folks that the bridge might be closing- on sept-15 or 20. Something about charging now to fish on the bridge or parking.
its dade county. they gotta collect revenue someway.

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

rare wrote:I'm hearing from a few folks that the bridge might be closing- on sept-15 or 20. Something about charging now to fish on the bridge or parking. Not sure as the story were told to them by someone else.

I will head out there today and see what is going on; if they posted anything on the bridge. Heard they were also enforcing the law for fishing license. :dude: Not that many folks were out there fishing. If correct maybe the fishing in that area will come back. I'm all for it!
they should charge 100 dollars to fish there!!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

IM CHUMMING wrote:they should charge 100 dollars to fish there!!
yea... for a yearly pass :)

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

fixed80 wrote:
IM CHUMMING wrote:they should charge 100 dollars to fish there!!
yea... for a yearly pass :)
no each time

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

rare wrote:I'm hearing from a few folks that the bridge might be closing- on sept-15 or 20. Something about charging now to fish on the bridge or parking. Not sure as the story were told to them by someone else.

I will head out there today and see what is going on; if they posted anything on the bridge. Heard they were also enforcing the law for fishing license. :dude: Not that many folks were out there fishing. If correct maybe the fishing in that area will come back. I'm all for it!
:dude:

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

The times I've passed by it's been pretty calm

jorge121990
Weekend Warrior

Post by jorge121990 »

wow, rickenbacker actually looks CLEAN. :cheers:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

jorge121990 wrote:wow, rickenbacker actually looks CLEAN. :cheers:
Duh, it's been raining like crazy. All the trash and urine got washed away.

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

It looks empty :shock:

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

the rick looks good. that rain is a blessing
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

BRunner346 wrote:the rick looks good. that rain is a blessing
Amen

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

nice to see youre not athiest lol
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

BRunner346 wrote:nice to see youre not athiest lol
:biglaugh:

basshole69
KING MACKEREL

Post by basshole69 »

went last night...considering the circumstances, the bite was hot lmao...a few keeper snappers were caught..i had caught some small snappers and groupers and a small stingray...there was occasional rain, very windy..current wasn't ripping hard though
I'm that guy who's too thick skinned...remember?

lefty26
Weekend Warrior

Post by lefty26 »

i went to the rick on monday i got there at 9a.m and was on the water by 1o on my kayak.i launched from the first beach the one where all the trees are being cut up.since it wasnt a planned trip just a spurt of the moment thing all i had for bait was squid and sardines from two weeks ago and doa shrimps and gotchas.i tried everything i had and caught nothing legal sized.i did find some spots that im pretty sure hold some large snook and tarpon at nite by the rusty pelican. cant wait to fish it.when i passed by the bridge on my kayak all the people kept asking me if i could see any fish.the rick does hold fish though.i will pst prove when i catch them

basshole69
KING MACKEREL

Post by basshole69 »

lefty26 wrote:i went to the rick on monday i got there at 9a.m and was on the water by 1o on my kayak.i launched from the first beach the one where all the trees are being cut up.since it wasnt a planned trip just a spurt of the moment thing all i had for bait was squid and sardines from two weeks ago and doa shrimps and gotchas.i tried everything i had and caught nothing legal sized.i did find some spots that im pretty sure hold some large snook and tarpon at nite by the rusty pelican. cant wait to fish it.when i passed by the bridge on my kayak all the people kept asking me if i could see any fish.the rick does hold fish though.i will pst prove when i catch them
from my guess, most of the fish are held along the two structures in which the boats pass between..that's the only place I saw people catching stuff.
I'm that guy who's too thick skinned...remember?

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

basshole69 wrote:
lefty26 wrote:i went to the rick on monday i got there at 9a.m and was on the water by 1o on my kayak.i launched from the first beach the one where all the trees are being cut up.since it wasnt a planned trip just a spurt of the moment thing all i had for bait was squid and sardines from two weeks ago and doa shrimps and gotchas.i tried everything i had and caught nothing legal sized.i did find some spots that im pretty sure hold some large snook and tarpon at nite by the rusty pelican. cant wait to fish it.when i passed by the bridge on my kayak all the people kept asking me if i could see any fish.the rick does hold fish though.i will pst prove when i catch them
from my guess, most of the fish are held along the two structures in which the boats pass between..that's the only place I saw people catching stuff.
thats exactly where the fish are!!!!!!!!!!! thats the only place to catch them go get em champ!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Hit up the Rick at lunch time, picked up this guy. Everyone get crabs, it's that time of year.

Then I woke up from my nap on the couch and realized it was a dream

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Hit up the Rick at lunch time, picked up this guy. Everyone get crabs, it's that time of year.

:toast: congrats

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Hit up the Rick at lunch time, picked up this guy. Everyone get crabs, it's that time of year.

Damn Rory that's a secret a few of us were keeping cause no one would believe they were there but once again congrats.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I'm reading the fine print and it says it's all a dream. Whatever it is still a nice Permit. How many inches was it??

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

good nite thats a permit! good job on catching it. :thumright:
i got the crab part. but out of curiosity... where on Rickenbacker were you fishing. like 5 or 6 pilers down in shallow/deepwater. did you use the crab whole or was it cut in half to release the scent. oh... and one other thing. how bad was the current, what size weight were you using, and which side of the bridge did you cast it out (like on the north side towards the other bridge or on the south side). and also how far out did you cast that crab(or was it dropped near the pilings. is this too much information to give out. 8) if not, im sure a lot of us would like to know how to catch these Bass....'s

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

fixed80 wrote:good nite thats a permit! good job on catching it. :thumright:
i got the crab part. but out of curiosity... where on Rickenbacker were you fishing. like 5 or 6 pilers down in shallow/deepwater. did you use the crab whole or was it cut in half to release the scent. oh... and one other thing. how bad was the current, what size weight were you using, and which side of the bridge did you cast it out (like on the north side towards the other bridge or on the south side). and also how far out did you cast that crab(or was it dropped near the pilings. is this too much information to give out. 8) if not, im sure a lot of us would like to know how to catch these Bass....'s
Rory what was the longitude and latitude of where the permit ate the crab.

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

thats a nice rickenbacker permit!!!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Alex07 wrote:Rory what was the longitude and latitude of where the permit ate the crab.
NO... what was the geographic coordinates on that location the permit was caught :)

Return to “Dade County”