Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2010 T0 2015 Fishing Reports Only

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
Moose
KING MACKEREL

Re: Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2010-11-12-13 Fishing Reports On

Post by Moose »

park under the bridge from 6am-10pm w/a 3 hr max....bait....whatevers around lol and you fish the jetty.

look back at the archived posts on haulover and you will get loads of info

BrianG
Fisher

Post by BrianG »

Was there a few times this week from 7-10pm under the bridge. A few mullet around with some poons crashing em. Saw a guy land a 29" snook using live mullet.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

what time were you there from?

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

JonathanT305 wrote:
agonzalez0 wrote:what time were you there from?
9am-12pm
try going around a tidal change...or sunrise/sunset...im gonna be out there tomorrow, if you're gonna be around lmk

RippysFishingSupply
Fisher

Post by RippysFishingSupply »

Sharks being caught off the beach and a few permit of the South Jetty. Jacks are eating the mullet on the way in and out of the inlet. I have had two reports of schools of Dolphins in the inlet to feed on mullet and that has put the fish down. One report of a nice snook caught fishing a dead finger mullet on the bottom,also a few nice snook caught fishing live mullet tight to the rocks on the north jetty. Trick was to use a light lead to keep from getting hung up.

njp32
Seasoned Fisher

Post by njp32 »

SMH :thumbdown: :evil: 45 min before this pic was taken, only me and another guy were fishing in that spot. He hooks up to a mack and i hook up to a mack back to back and then comes the cavalry. eatpop but hey thats haulover for ya. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

It actually takes time to build a good swell, by monday things will look a LOT different if the wind holds.

-swordfish

njp32
Seasoned Fisher

Post by njp32 »

JonathanT305 wrote:
njp32 wrote:SMH :thumbdown: :evil: 45 min before this pic was taken, only me and another guy were fishing in that spot. He hooks up to a mack and i hook up to a mack back to back and then comes the cavalry. eatpop but hey thats haulover for ya. :roll:
Was it really that calm over there? Thought these northeasters would swell things up a bit more..
No it was actually a bit rough. The wind was blowing 20+ and The waves were crashing over pretty regularly.

njp32
Seasoned Fisher

Post by njp32 »

Lots of jacks in the 3-5 lb range this afternoon. I got 5 of them and missed about 10 more. Also saw a few small mutts. Weather was pretty nice Wind was about 10 mph from the northeast and the water looked good.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

fished the inlet lastnight lots i mean lots of tippers an spinners few jacks here an there no tarpon anywhere
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

kblue
SHARKER

Re: Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2010-11-12-13- Fishing Reports O

Post by kblue »

One of my friends told me he saw three decent permits were caught yesterday Haulover inlet. One of them was measured to 28 LB.

He said Haulover inlet is not a part of SPZ. And I am trying to confirm it. But FWC web does not too clearly shows SPZ but it says south of Florida cape.

Does Florida cape mean the tip of key biscayne, or the cape florida light house?

Can someone clarify this?

If Haulover Inlet is not SPZ, then I want to try this place sometime next week.

-Kblue

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

Haulover is not in the SPZ as far as i know.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

it is not in the spz...u can safely harvest one...be prepared to be bombarded by surf rods around you...and anything pretty much goes...overcasting over each other and other types off bullcrap...ive fished permit there way back in the days...caught a 25+lber back in 2000...make sure to have a really long and sturdy landing net or gaff...but i dont personally like gaffing my permit....but thatll probably be ur only option from the rocks...be careful, its slippery on the edges

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

fished haulover a couple times last week following the storms. Plenty of snapper to be had once the water settles but they are not easy to catch and you gotta move around. Last wednesday i caught like 12-15 in different spots before i found a hole with 3 keeper in the 14-15". You gotta fish the holes real close and you will lose some tackle. Once i got the hang of it i wasn't losing many lines..but its alot about feeling the structure and timing the time it takes for your bait to be in the strike zone with the current (which gets strong there)

Went during the weekend and caught one 2 more...one small one at 12 and the other at 17 (fatty)

have not seen any mullet around

White bait has been in abundance on the end of the incoming tide...one throw and you're good.....big schools of tarpon smashing them (literally blasting them), but none want to play once i put a hook through the sardines.

So yea, if you guys go...snapper is your best bet around the higher tides (best after a storm).....oh yea..and no circle hooks...if you use circles here, you're gonna have a bad time...i switched to short shank J's immediately

and about the permit fishing...get a sport early...ive never seen so many crabs being cast out...most of them on rods that have no chance in hell if they actually get picked up. i havent tried yet, but i saw 2 medium sized permit on the pavement the other morning when i was jogging with my gf..this was at 7am

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

thanks for the report..i dont even bother anymore...everyone wants to fish permit with whatever gear and in traffic...i used to fish them over 18 yrs ago...it was better back then..now, its just an inconvenience..gotta fish during the weekdays if u wanna avoid the crowd and googans

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

nice haul btw..

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:thanks for the report..i dont even bother anymore...everyone wants to fish permit with whatever gear and in traffic...i used to fish them over 18 yrs ago...it was better back then..now, its just an inconvenience..gotta fish during the weekdays if u wanna avoid the crowd and googans
you're right about all of that...i went again last night and had no luck on the snapper...they were all short...off at the end of the jetty were bunch of guys permit fishing...and doing very well on smaller permit

went over and talked to a couple of the younger guys in the mix and got to learn a few things...they seemed pretty cool...the older guys werent as receptive...but oh well. Other than the permit and small snapper nothing else came over. Not much bait around although i did see some bigger mullet being harassed on the bay side

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

How small those permit? Were they using crab ?

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

for those smaller permit, they use sand fleas...u can still get them on crab, but fleas work better...there should still be some snook around too! monday-wednesday are ur best bets to go fish to avoid crowd...

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

probably anywhere between 6-10lbs..alot of them around this time of year and then they mix in with the fall pomps in oct-dec.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:for those smaller permit, they use sand fleas...u can still get them on crab, but fleas work better...there should still be some snook around too! monday-wednesday are ur best bets to go fish to avoid crowd...
yea, they were using fleas.....an the permit were all in that range...have you ever had luck with the resident poons there...and not the ones running on the jetty :P

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

to be honest, i hardly ever fished them unless i was bored due lack of bites...lol....but i mostly hooked up on them near the bridge..

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:thanks for the report..i dont even bother anymore...everyone wants to fish permit with whatever gear and in traffic...i used to fish them over 18 yrs ago...it was better back then..now, its just an inconvenience..gotta fish during the weekdays if u wanna avoid the crowd and googans

Mp worries that place will never change. Here is how it looked 25 years ago.

http://cudamanadventures.com/fishing-ga ... arousel-97

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Nice pic! Is that your feet?!?!?? Lol.... It was waaaaaaaaaay better back then... Just a lil before my time.. I'm 35 now, was fishing there since I was 15 or so.... I remember getting keeper gags from the inlet during the fall and winter...that's a distant memory now..

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

I am the guy without a shirt, lol. I know what you mean I fished there since I was 15 as well. I am on my late 40's now. I used to use a Coke bottle when I started fishing there, LOL.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

What the hell were you taking pics of? Guys in speedos? :thumbdown:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Hey, I looked cool with a speedo. My wife took that pic. Would never wear one again, don't wanna scare people, LOL

Return to “Dade County”