Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
Post Reply
Larry C.
Fisher
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Larry C. »

Hey guys I'm new here. I know people don't wanna give out their good spots but can anyone recommend and good spots for Bass in the general Miami area that might yield good results. I've tried many spots with little luck including Tropical Park.

Any good night spots as well that are easy to get to?

Thanks

Larry C.
Fisher
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Larry C. »

Well this was a great help. :cheers:

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by cvstrat »

This is more of a give and take community. So far you have given nothing. Try posting some reports first and maybe people will point you in the right direction.

Larry C.
Fisher
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Larry C. »

cvstrat wrote:This is more of a give and take community. So far you have given nothing. Try posting some reports first and maybe people will point you in the right direction.
Well that's just the thing the 2 spots I've had luck are up in Boyton Beach in a private quarry and behind my buddies house in a private community called Colors. My 2 PB have been there at #7 and #5.

The everglades are great but would like to have so places a bit closer to go on a whim.

gdm phil
SHARKER
Posts: 2224
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:22 am
Location: wellington, FL
Contact:

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by gdm phil »

Larry C. wrote:
cvstrat wrote:This is more of a give and take community. So far you have given nothing. Try posting some reports first and maybe people will point you in the right direction.
Well that's just the thing the 2 spots I've had luck are up in Boyton Beach in a private quarry and behind my buddies house in a private community called Colors. My 2 PB have been there at #7 and #5.

The everglades are great but would like to have so places a bit closer to go on a whim.
google earth find some lakes or canals. get a back pack and put some work in
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by joenofishhere »

I would go west and fish some of lakes in Kendall. The further west you go the better the bite is likely to get. 137th and 82nd Street has a nice lake with parking. Lots of other spots around there too.
Image
Walk slow, and carry a big Snook.

Larry C.
Fisher
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Larry C. »

Thanks guys. My buddy and I went west to Loop Rd and made many stops along the road with access on either side of the road we drove pass to where it turns into a dirt road. My buddy caught 8 with a max of #4 and I got 6 with a max of #3.5

We also tried the Magic Canal but no luck on foot.

Larry C.
Fisher
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Larry C. »

gdm phil wrote:
Larry C. wrote:
cvstrat wrote:This is more of a give and take community. So far you have given nothing. Try posting some reports first and maybe people will point you in the right direction.
Well that's just the thing the 2 spots I've had luck are up in Boyton Beach in a private quarry and behind my buddies house in a private community called Colors. My 2 PB have been there at #7 and #5.

The everglades are great but would like to have so places a bit closer to go on a whim.
google earth find some lakes or canals. get a back pack and put some work in
You have no idea how much work he have put in. But any good spots I find I will gladly share.

Larry C.
Fisher
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Larry C. »

joenofishhere wrote:I would go west and fish some of lakes in Kendall. The further west you go the better the bite is likely to get. 137th and 82nd Street has a nice lake with parking. Lots of other spots around there too.

I wanted to thank you for this. I went last night around 10 and caught a little pounder on a Senko. Then I have a great strike on a big boy that bent my rod pretty good but I didn't get to set the hook. Cast out again and another strike but he spit it out right away. All that within 20 mins of being there.

Then lighting and heavy rain forced me to leave. Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks again Joe!

Username28
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:38 am

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Username28 »

Yes, golf courses usually hold BIGGUNS...matter fact, my biggest largemouth was caught out of a golf course pond/lake. I'll see if I have a picture somewhere. It was a monster.
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

User avatar
Eddie305
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:44 pm
Location: Miami,FL

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Eddie305 »

If u live by coral gables u can also hit up blue lagoon ( aka airport lakes ), also u can fish the canals leading too and from blue lagoon, they always have a nice amount of bass and blue lagoon is known to have jacks, snooks, tarpons and a few sharks also, I have yet to catch any peacocks in blue lagoon in years due to them moving up the canals to breed but I have caught a few there all nice sizes. I hope this helps and hopefully I'll see you out there one day, I fish blue lagoon often.

Larry C.
Fisher
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Larry C. »

Thanks guys I always go with a buddy and we are always quiet and super clean. Went fishing tonight. I'm gonna start a new thread with a fishing report. Check out what happened with pics.

Larry C.
Fisher
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Larry C. »

This is the link to the new thread.

http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=32019

rgp24
Fisher
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by rgp24 »

Howdy folks! I'm new to the site and this is my first post! I just wanted to share a couple spots I've tried out near me. The first one is down Snapper Creek around 97th ave, caught a nice peacock in there today. Also been to tropical park and caught some small bass, but Tropical has to much fishing pressure and I highly doubt I'll be going there often.

Anyways I've been using the google maps system. Going up and down canals to fight parking and access to fish canals.

Dacdanny
Fisher
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Dacdanny »

The canal on Kendall drive and about 100th has always been good to me. Plenty of LM and peacocks. Honestly, most canals and lakes in that area are good. Just gotta mix up the bait and cover ground. Tight lines.

User avatar
Eddie305
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:44 pm
Location: Miami,FL

Re: Any good Bass spots in the Gables area???

Post by Eddie305 »

I used to live on the corner of the 8 st canal and 122 ave and ive never see any fish in there other then huge carps , ive fished that canal almost all the way to chrome and nothing, now most of my fish come out of the lakes, i have 1 secret lake i dont really tell no one about because of the security guard kicking me out lol, but alot of the lakes i do fish at that have fish is, Lakes of the meadows by the publix there is alot of peacocks and largemouth in there, But theres also a rent a cop that drives around there that kicks u out if he sees, also i fish the lakes by the petsmart on 82nd and flagler down park ave if i remember correctly, also being that i live close to blue lagoon now i tend to fish them alot more now.

Post Reply

Return to “Dade County”