South Pointe Park Pier

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

South Pointe Park Pier

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

So the new pier is open now. Saw something on the news, they say it has cleaning stations and sea turtle friendly lighting. I'm surprised they're actually gonna let people fish off of it. It's nice that they put lighting on it considering it's only open from 7:30 am to dusk... Good lighting is important when you're fishing during the day... I'm guessing they're implying 7:30 Cuban time, meaning don't show up til after 8, and they gates might still be locked then. I may go tomorrow and check it out personally, has anyone else walked on it yet?

Rare
SHARKER

Re: South Pointe Park Pier

Post by Rare »

Saw they had a grand opening party, but didnt go yet. I saw the plans and looked far better then what they had before.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Moderator: gruntking

In other news....Tommy you kept your word.....LMFAO! Hell did freeze over......

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

I knew you gonna see that.

So Mr. ROYALTY is a mod now?

Are we gonna get bearded newsletters ?

Cool beans
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

the pier didnt open till after 8 today they also have a guard working out there to make sure ppl dont jump or some other bs like that :king:
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

Free entrance?

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

bluesea wrote:Free entrance?
Boatless members go in free. Just say you are a member and what's your screen name. They will take a pic of you and lock your name with your pic. You will get a red wrist band and not a yellow one (or whatever color they have that day). Anyone you see with a red wrist band is a boatless members.

Pilgrim
Weekend Warrior

Post by Pilgrim »

Any update or report on the pier? Anyone been out there?
..as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

its open, its free.. sun up to sun down.

Goat1234monkey
Fisher

Post by Goat1234monkey »

Has anyone hit this pier up yet? I'm gonna try it out tomorrow.... Any baitshops in the area? Thanks!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Yea there were either yellow or bar jacks when it opened, since then they have been fished out other than that just some needle fish maybe a cuda. I wouldn't waste my time unless I knew that jacks were there.
You might have better luck fishing the north side of the jetty for snook/tarpon or grovers because there's actually reef out there unlike the deep muddy cut where the pier is, idiots should have put it on the other side.
Closest bait in the area I know of is crook and crook on us1 and 27thaveor you could catch the pin fish and other miscellaneous baits that steal baits there

Goat1234monkey
Fisher

Post by Goat1234monkey »

Ok, I see the jetty you are talking about on the satellite view.. Right next to the pier on the north side right? Thank you! I hit up the bill baggs park yesterday and got a bunch of undersized snappers. I saw a huuuuge kingfish lurking around though. Today I wanted to try canal fishing and caught a peacock bass. My first time. You guys are lucky to be around awesome fishing spots!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Goat1234monkey wrote:Ok, I see the jetty you are talking about on the satellite view.. Right next to the pier on the north side right? Thank you! I hit up the bill baggs park yesterday and got a bunch of undersized snappers. I saw a huuuuge kingfish lurking around though. Today I wanted to try canal fishing and caught a peacock bass. My first time. You guys are lucky to be around awesome fishing spots!
Yes that's it and from my experience that farther out you go the better the fishing but I don't want to put you in a situation if your not comfortable. The inside of the cut is just been dead for years from the traffic and dredging.
I doubt that was a kingfish you saw, probably a barracuda or tarpon. Kings just don't come in that close lol or everybody and their mother would be out there fishing. If you work a little more at bill bags you should find the legal snappers and maybe some jacks and other miscellaneous fish.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Any fishing updates from this pier? Is it worth the trip from Kendall or should I try out Haulover or 79th street instead? Thank you.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Based on the fact that no one has commented on this place in over a year I would say it is great and people are keeping it a secret or it sucks and no one is fishing there .... that or no one fishes there at all . (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

fishnfool73 wrote:Based on the fact that no one has commented on this place in over a year I would say it is great and people are keeping it a secret or it sucks and no one is fishing there .... that or no one fishes there at all . (tommy
Funny, sounds likely. I'll try to get out there in the next couple of weeks. If I just post a smile you'll know it's fantastic and the locals swore me to silence.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

fishnfool73 wrote:Based on the fact that no one has commented on this place in over a year I would say it is great and people are keeping it a secret or it sucks and no one is fishing there .... that or no one fishes there at all . (tommy
Sucks... Was yellow or bar jacks when it opened, they were fished out immediately and it has been dead since unless you want to catch needlefish or views of pretty foreign women. People still fish there but your better off going on a party boat.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Fish the beach early morning and before sun down, you'll hook up to some fish.
It's an inlet, so big jacks, cudas, tarpon, and snook all cruise through there.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

baseball4life702 wrote:
Sucks... Was yellow or bar jacks when it opened, they were fished out immediately and it has been dead since unless you want to catch needlefish or views of pretty foreign women. People still fish there but your better off going on a party boat.

Pretty women, yes. Needle fish, no. Thanks for the heads up.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Miami_Chris wrote:Fish the beach early morning and before sun down, you'll hook up to some fish.
It's an inlet, so big jacks, cudas, tarpon, and snook all cruise through there.
No problem fishing the beach there? I could be out there around 5:30 am to 7:30, maybe 8 am. Should I bring a surf set up? I have the rods and a live liner but I can also put the 6500LL on a 7' or use a 4000. Thank you.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

You can fish till the lifeguards show up around 8:45/9am. Personally a medium set up with some lures, or bring a cast net and net some bait. Snook are cruising right at your feet, and sometimes the tarpon move in real close. I like to pack light for the beach so I can jump around following the bait.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Miami_Chris wrote:You can fish till the lifeguards show up around 8:45/9am. Personally a medium set up with some lures, or bring a cast net and net some bait. Snook are cruising right at your feet, and sometimes the tarpon move in real close. I like to pack light for the beach so I can jump around following the bait.
I like this idea. Reminds me of fishing off the beach in Boca when the mullet run.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Just do the oppositie of whatever baseball4life says :dude:

Return to “Dade County”