Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
Post Reply
User avatar
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Miami

Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Fished for 2 hours this am. More keeper flounder in the surf, and went 4 for 5 on snook, slots or just under. Check out how I foul hooked this slot, the way it ran I would have bet it was a jack. Wasn't to worried about the fish, tightened the drag and horsed it in thinking it was just a jack, and to my surprise it was a snook hooked in the dorsal!!! My buddy threw artificals with no success, and after seeing me catch the flounder and slots, he asked for a few baits. It pains him to watch me throw back slot after slot, he keeps em. He wanted one so bad, poor guy went 0 for 4 on the baits I gave him, lol. It's funny how a little north wind can turn on the surf bite.

Image

User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
Posts: 2542
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by kblue »

With same bait, you got 4/5 and he got 0/4 for snook.
Are you trying to challenge GK?

User avatar
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Miami

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

lol, ya Kblue. I think a couple of his bites were founder that just couldn't swallow the bait. He mostly threw swimbaits and bucktails, but didn't get bit. I'm not serious enough about snook fishing to try and take on GK. Otherwise I'd be out all night and my girlfriend would probably dump me. She already puts up with enough of my b.s. lol

zpunancy
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by zpunancy »

Any bait in the surf poseidon?

User avatar
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Miami

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

zpunancy wrote:Any bait in the surf poseidon?
Nope, still another couple weeks away

User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
Posts: 2542
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by kblue »

If SoBE has flounder, I think Ft Lauderdale beach should have it too.
I think I am going try to see in the morning with some live fingers.

User avatar
HJared
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by HJared »

I went looking for flounder. I tried dania just now with live fingers. Jacks and tarpon. No flounder

User avatar
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Miami

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

They were on Miami beach again, the flounder that is. My buddy caught one that looked to be the same size as the ones I was catching. I guessed 16", but when he put a tape on it, it measured 20". Guess the ones I was catching were bigger than I thought. Again, caught on finger mullet.

jqmustang
Fisher
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:06 pm

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by jqmustang »

Are you getting the flounders in the through? like snook?

User avatar
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Miami

Re: Solid surf action (SoBe 9/25)

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

jqmustang wrote:Are you getting the flounders in the through? like snook?
Yup, they couldn't have been any closer to the sand or they would have been out of the water...

Post Reply

Return to “Dade County”