Blackpoint marina

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Blackpoint marina

Post by baseball4life702 »

Have some family friends that say they have been catching grovers so I am heading there now to meet them and check it out, not expecting much but a nice a little Grover spot is always welcomed in my book... Report to come

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Re: Blackpoint marina

Post by LINESIDER »

good luck.. i know aaaallllll the way at end of jettie there been some permit caught

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Got finished at about 11... caught 3 keeper grovers one is bagged up but was same size as the one on the right. Also too many undersized to count and a few grunts that went back,, we didn't even make it to the jetty so this is just around the docks. Not too bad for 6$ on a pack of squid and a short drive... Will be going back asap to hit up the jetty and see what it has to offer too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Nice dude! Not bad at all... :toast:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Thanks Man... it made us feel even happier when a guy came to clean his fish at the tables we were by and had only 1 more Grover than us but had the luxury of being on a boat lol ...Land Rules :dude:

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I was out there last wed. and they are doing some work, a barge loaded with bolders loads up at the corner by the shrimp boats heads out and seems to be piling them on the end of the jetty, not the far end of the channel but the end of where you can walk/bike without getting your feet wet, and working its way back.. there was a barricade on the path looks like it was blocked off to visitors.
No idea what the plan is but it looked like they were piling the bolders 3 or 4 feet higher than the current level, almost like thye were trying to discourage people from going out there. I was in my kayak so I did not investigate any further than what I observed.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Actually opposite, they reparing and extending it a lil for safer acces for fisherman and people... Finally, that thing needed a makeover. It seems like a short project too so it won't be closed for long.

http://www.nps.gov/bisc/learn/news/Blac ... l-Park.htm

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I just found that same article and was coming back to post it... thx.

It would be really sweet if they would rebuild it like it was when I was a kid, the jetty went out almost to the end of the marked channel, if you walk/wade out at low tide you can see the remaoins of several more of those littl concrete bridges that have colapsed nad washed away over the years.
.. As a paddler that fishes BP area a lot I wish they would clean out the boulders and debri under those little concrete bridges and allow water to flow a bit better with the tide, plus opening the opportunity for kayaker/canoe's to pass under them.. people have thrown boulders in and it's barely possible now to get under a coupleall but 1 or 2 and a PITA to paddle out to the first island to get around and head South.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

krash wrote:I just found that same article and was coming back to post it... thx.

It would be really sweet if they would rebuild it like it was when I was a kid, the jetty went out almost to the end of the marked channel, if you walk/wade out at low tide you can see the remaoins of several more of those littl concrete bridges that have colapsed nad washed away over the years.
.. As a paddler that fishes BP area a lot I wish they would clean out the boulders and debri under those little concrete bridges and allow water to flow a bit better with the tide, plus opening the opportunity for kayaker/canoe's to pass under them.. people have thrown boulders in and it's barely possible now to get under a coupleall but 1 or 2 and a PITA to paddle out to the first island to get around and head South.
Sounds great... When them gates are flowing and the water moves Ill be out there tossing the kitchen sink... I seldom talk about BP or even post anything, and fish it even less, but will tell you this much, it is JURASSIC park for snook... If I get tight on the girls I've seen there Ill post them... It's mostly the fact that they're so big I fear taking them out will kill them, may actually consider a water landing for a change.... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :happyfisherman: :shock: :shock: :? :?

-Swordfish

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Wish I still had the picture of this snook I helped a buddy land there, we were fishing the canal on the left side of the bridge as u enter BP, we were about to pull it out and decided not to just to get a pic on the surface and it was def the right decision. But definitely a haven for those snook of a lifetime

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

we talking about the same marina? never seen any snook there... :pistols:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

I only know of one blackpoint park/marina in south Florida http://maps.google.com/?q=Black%20Point ... 0,Miami+FL and let me tell you there is definitely snook there, not like super abundant when they are stacked by the inlets and poop but like swordfish wrote there are dinosaur snook that have been there for years and continue to patrol the area. The canal at the entrance of BP also runs inland through flood gates becoming brackish then fresh water and we all know that snook like the brackish + warm water. Like the two guys said below if the water is not flowing and it's dead calm you will be out of luck

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

Naaaaaaa

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Not to mention the fish sammich at the grille and the show on Sunday after at the boat ramp starting around 4pm

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

LINESIDER wrote:we talking about the same marina? never seen any snook there... :pistols:

Wait wait... youre right... I was mistaken. I was talking about errr a Hialeah canal... Yea thats the one. The dirtier they are the better. They seem to be attracted to pampers brand! Blackpoint holds nothing but Googanos (read cuban googans, new word) and grunts.

-Swordfish

vetoe
Fisher

Post by vetoe »

krash wrote:Not to mention the fish sammich at the grille and the show on Sunday after at the boat ramp starting around 4pm
It's sad but so damn hilarious at the same time watching that show at the boat ramp. I love how people set up in lawn chairs off by the restaurant to watch the drunken madness that ensues.

On a side note I live off the C-1 further inland North and West and have seen several decent size Snook and the occasional small Tarpon cruising the waters. I've yet to catch them there though.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

vetoe wrote:
krash wrote:Not to mention the fish sammich at the grille and the show on Sunday after at the boat ramp starting around 4pm
It's sad but so damn hilarious at the same time watching that show at the boat ramp. I love how people set up in lawn chairs off by the restaurant to watch the drunken madness that ensues.

On a side note I live off the C-1 further inland North and West and have seen several decent size Snook and the occasional small Tarpon cruising the waters. I've yet to catch them there though.

Hang any mayan chiclid between 3-5 inches in size under a cork with flouro leader and you will get them... Just be sure to be extra careful in reviving them... Those canals are not very rich in oxygen and therefore although the fight will be rather short, they will exhaust themselves to death if you dont take the proper time to revive! They like structure... So bridges, levys, flood gates, they will all hold... Also you may come up with a double digit bass doing this as well :reeling: :reeling: :reeling: :reeling:

-Swordfish

vetoe
Fisher

Post by vetoe »

swordfish wrote:
vetoe wrote:

Hang any mayan chiclid between 3-5 inches in size under a cork with flouro leader and you will get them... Just be sure to be extra careful in reviving them... Those canals are not very rich in oxygen and therefore although the fight will be rather short, they will exhaust themselves to death if you dont take the proper time to revive! They like structure... So bridges, levys, flood gates, they will all hold... Also you may come up with a double digit bass doing this as well :reeling: :reeling: :reeling: :reeling:

-Swordfish

Thanks bro! Oh I've tried with Mayans...Really it just hasn't been my time in the C-1...not to mention I do a majority of my fishing elsewhere. Funny enough the only time I seem to catch them is when I'm not targeting them and that's always in the Snapper Creek. I'm patient though and I'm sure my time will come in C-1! Yes I do make sure to revive any species I catch if they are lethargic after a battle. I wish more people would do it too!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Went to the marina last week and nothing but small grovers, went again today for a short time from 2-4pm, again it was relatively dead but managed a nice fight with 2 jack crevalle on the way out. Both around 1-2 lbs estimated but none the less fun for the afternoon. However, I have also heard from some close friends that the Grover bite is on at night and mostly legal ones not like during the day, but the tides have been whacky lately and I haven't had time to fish at nite yet. It's also nice especially if you have kids to watch the fighter jets and war planes make runs over the park
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Went to BP for the first time this morning. No wind, dead calm. Was attacked by a swarm of every insect imaginable walking towards the jetty. Not an easy time.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

Don't waste your time there man. Head further south to the keys or further north to Kendal up to the north bay and put in your time at night. You will run into some mangrove snapper to eat eventually

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Moose wrote:Don't waste your time there man. Head further south to the keys or further north to Kendal up to the north bay and put in your time at night. You will run into some mangrove snapper to eat eventually

Thank you, I agree. Had the chance this morning during the week to pick one of the 3 closest spots to me to try out, Rickenbacker, Bill Baggs or Black Point. North Bay at night seems doable on another day and definitely the Keys on a weekend.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Best time to go there is like Sunday afternoon after 4:30pm, setup a chair and just watch the show at the ramp...

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Moose wrote:Don't waste your time there man. Head further south to the keys or further north to Kendal up to the north bay and put in your time at night. You will run into some mangrove snapper to eat eventually
There are plenty of mangrove snapper to eat at blackpoint however the water quality is better eating elsewhere...but as krash said the best is the ramp show there. :uplol:

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Thank you both and you're right. Before I moved away from Miami as an adult I spent a lot of years with my Dad on our family boat at all the local marina's; BP, Matheson, Dinner Key and Key Biscayne. We came in and out more often at Matheson so I saw the funniest and worse stuff there. Nothing as comfortable as that bird's eye view on the hill at BP though. Tight lines!

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

I was out there yesterday with my friend Icy from Let's Go Fishing South Florida. No keeper mangroves were caught, but we did hook into lady fish that gave us a good fight. The one I caught was on a Zebco 202 reel as part of a fishing challenge. Also my friend Icy hooked a spotted seatrout. Here's the video the highlights of the day.

Chasinpoons
Fisher

Post by Chasinpoons »

I've seen that big snook they are talking about. Has a deformity on its jaw. It's huge been there forever. Also when it's cold that BP canal is loaded with snook. I've caught several there

Return to “Dade County”