Desperate Fishing for fish fry party

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
kblue
SHARKER

Desperate Fishing for fish fry party

Post by kblue »

I know you guys are bored so here is my contribution to make you a little less bored...

Yesterday, my friends asked me to go out on his boat b/c he needed fish for his fish fry party... It was his 2nd time of this year because he was so busy at work... We left 6:00 PM homestead and arrived at spot around 7:00... 70ft water... no current what so ever... nobody on radio bragging nothing...boat swing by wind...we knew we were destined to skunk...I saw my buddy started to keep grunts...that sucks... he was obviously desperate for tomorrow party at his house...(BTW he is a big time dolphin troller )...well I also caught some and threw into cooler... I saw very small current... I did all the tricks I learned from kelley fleet regulars...managed to catch a few tails...only one keeper... I used it for bottom rod... hooked it carefully so that in case nothing on it...he can throw it to frying pot...lol Around 10:00PM, as soon as he said "let's call it night"... Then I felt the bite on my flat line...12" mango... and then I saw a school of fish right back of chum bag...a school mango came up almost to the boat... Never seen a school of mango like that... All I have to do was to cast out 1/4 oz trolley 20 yard and wait for bites while sink... Only took 30 min to catch the boat limit...Made some mistake of keeping small fish...and I reeled up the tail from bottom rod and throw into his cooler...on the way back... we were talking what made mango school showed up like that...what if that showed 5 min after we called it night... it was pure luck and we were all happy...

it has been a long time since my phone camera broke...I got pic from my buddy...
7-30-2016-jose and charles.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Desperate Fishing for fish fry party

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Nice lil haul there blue..yes, those mangs get right up on top when in a frenzy..i usually like to put a 2 oz sinker and sling it about 30ft back for that 5 pounder!!!

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Re: Desperate Fishing for fish fry party

Post by SaltyDog »

Time of year when mangos spawn......

Return to “Dade County”