Black Point Marina

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
CharlieG305
Fisher

Black Point Marina

Post by CharlieG305 »

Went out on Tuesday this week and caught a nice Cuda. Have been going out there for the past couple of days and have met a cool couple of guys who have a nice fishing team. The compete with each other and they actually catch.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Black Point Marina

Post by krash »

Last time I went there, launched the SUP at that canoe/kayak launch and some azzhat broke into my car, smashed out both driver and passenger windows out of my car. Flagged down the park dudes, they said yea they see it all the time, called LEO and Metro showed up and barely got out of his car and just gave me a report number and said call your insurance company... they suggested I don;t leave anything in my car and leave the windows open or doors unlocked, they said the azzhats know most cars have alarms and they try the door if its locked the smash the windows and reach in buceuse that does not set off the alarm.

Later went online, emailed and call the Parks Department to discuss suggesting its a possible safety issue but they did not have any answer. I suggested a video camera or two would be a deterent and at least the cops could maybe review it if needed and/or maybe the if prks guys pass thru more often it might help. it. but they cried budget....

I have no idea if its changed but I have not been back there since, its a shame because launching there you don;t have to contend with the boat's and boat ramp issues. The fishing out off that rock jetty can be fun.

So's if you go there beware.. the park, city, and Metro-Dade LEO don't seem to care about your safety.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

stardew120
Fisher

Post by stardew120 »

Thanks for the heads up!
I bought a secondhand Nissan Frontier and installed new sets of Asanti wheels and Toyo tires. I'll try to dedicate more if my time in reforming it to its best condition.

CharlieG305
Fisher

Post by CharlieG305 »

Yes, u have to be carefull where you park. I usually park in the parling spots before the rest room where its in the open and there are alot of people around. Now thy usually have a couple of cops parked their and making rounds driving around. Its been productive lately went out in the morning caught 2 good grovers. 12in and 14in live shrimp tends to be best. There was a ol man dishing for look downs and yes he was catching them. Ill prob be out their thursday mor ing after i drop off the minion to school (dayoff) happy fishing everyone

Return to “Dade County”