SW Fl. surf fishing in late December ?

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
Surfrodcarolina
Fisher

SW Fl. surf fishing in late December ?

Post by Surfrodcarolina »

I am headed down to visit my son in Ft. Myers around Christmas and thought I would take my surf fishing gear for a father/son outing but am clueless about the best spots, types of bait/lures, what's biting (if anything), etc. I've explored various fishing websites for the area but nothing on that time of year. I know it can be cool and windy there in December. Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: SW Fl. surf fishing in late December ?

Post by fishnfool73 »

You can throw various lures for snook, redfish , trout , jacks, mackerel, bluefish, pompano, and ladyfish in the surf. Sanibel pier and area bridges offer deeper water. Cut or live shrimp can produce all of the above plus whiting sand perch croakers and snapper. First light will be best.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Surfrodcarolina
Fisher

Re: SW Fl. surf fishing in late December ?

Post by Surfrodcarolina »

Thanks !

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”