Snook in Marco island!

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
Adriankd35
Fisher

Snook in Marco island!

Post by Adriankd35 »

I was in Marco island for 7 days I was able to fish 5 of those days I fished tiger tail beach where I caught 2 snook and I fished the jetty down by camabaxs pass and caught 8 snook! And one sea trout!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tgreen25
Fisher

Re: Snook in Marco island!

Post by Tgreen25 »

What did you use for bait? I'm gonna be down there next week

Adriankd35
Fisher

Post by Adriankd35 »

unfair lures ripnslash

jawsmama
Fisher

Post by jawsmama »

Was in Marco Island 6/17-6/22 and fished Tiger Tail amonst some other locations and did well with flashy 2"-3" white bait fish patterns with dark tops. I used EP & flash for the body and peacock herl for the dark back. Worked great. Got Snook, Mackeral, Jack's, Lady Fish, and Sea Trout with it. I used a semi quick but steady retrive. Occassionally I would mix it up with a plugging type retrive and that also worked. All the bait fish I saw were either white or translucent. A local favorite is also the gummy minnow.

If you have a pair of fishing sun glasses and the water clarity is good you should be able to sight fish for the Snook. If visibility is an issue try casting in areas where the grade is steeper near the shore. Once you walk enough shore you'll get a sense for these areas. Also, any dark spots you notice from the surf are worth a few casts. During low tide I found it super enjoyable to walk out to the 1st sandbar and cast. Landing snook on the sand bar during a sun set with dolphins crusing by was quite an experience for me.

Last but not least use your eyes! Look for bait fish popping on the surface like pop corn from bigger fish chasing them, note where the pelicans and birds are, look for Dolphins in the AM or PM and any other signs of life. If you can find strucutre definitely cast around

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”