naples march 20-26

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
pjack
Fisher

naples march 20-26

Post by pjack »

My wife and I(tyler) will be coming to the Naples from Destin Florida area in the spring. This trip has only one purpose: Fishing!. We are experienced and will be using strictly artificial and fly tackle and are strictly catch and release. We are used to early mornings, late nights and all of the other makings of a great fishing trip. focus areas are doctors pass, beach structures and the Naples pier, would also like to do some spillway and bridge fishing if I can find one. Targets are Snook and tarpon......but will not complain about reds, cobia or big jacks. A few questions.....is Gordon's pass fishable?, where is a spillway? bridges with lights?. Anyone available to get together for a day or two?(locals know it best)....can compensate with beer and fun. please no axe murderers

check out our latest video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpknNj5HC9s

Rare
SHARKER

Re: naples march 20-26

Post by Rare »

Dude, awesome video & song (into the wild) catching gag from the jetty with arti :cheers: Hope someone from the west helps you out! Welcome :toast:

pjack
Fisher

Post by pjack »

much appreciated sir, ill extend an invite to anyone on here venturing to north Florida to go fishing. like I said "locals know best" and our cobia season is right around the corner

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Sugden Regional Park
Canals along Airport Pulling
Canal east of 951 and 41. There is construction now so it may be difficult to get to.
State Rd 92 (San Marco Rd)
Delnor Wiggins State Park
Jetty at the south end of Naples beach
Freedom Park on Goodlette has some good Tilapia and decent bass
Venture down to Everglades City, send a pinfish under the bridge on high falling. Seagrape drive, Mirrodine 17 in chart late afternoon, hour before dusk or so for juvie poons. Jacks will inhale a white gulp swimming mullet on jigs

There's a ton more spots but I'll leave ya with some suspense.

Two shops worth visiting
Sunshine Ace on 41 and Rattlesnake
Pete's Tackle downtown

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Welcome and it was a great vid. You only get one shot at a first impression and releasing those fish was a home run with me. Sorry you're gonna be on the "wrong side" when you are down here but all is not lost. Never met him but one of my favorites on the forum runs with the name Tears. Chase down some of his posts and shoot him a PM. I think he could be your "local" on the west coast. Looking forward to your reports.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

Nice fish though!

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

:uplol:

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”