Naples Fishing Pier Fishing Reports

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Re: Naples Fishing Pier Fishing Reports

Post by Miamipescador »

Well last time I was down here got a nasty ticket on i75 doing 107 in a 70 zone, and had to come to court today.
Court ended horribly, had to pay $350 for the ticket, $103 in court costs, and apart from that got my license suspended for a month..... These cops over here don't play around.

Went fishing after to destress, got 2 dozen shrimp and off we went.

By the end of the day caught about 4 ladyfish, 1 jack, 1 seatrout, and a nice linesider.

All caught from 3-6... Will post pics of the Snook in a while

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Me and the snook

Wish there was more people posting on here from SW.

outkast
Fisher

Post by outkast »

Hey guys what's up came to naples for the weekend to celebrate
Y wifes b-day.......passed by the pier for the first time hopping to have a good fishing day. Too much wind wich made the Water super dirty nothing but cats. There was bait everywhere pilchards 2 to 3 inches got some on sabiki but nothing, got 3 dozen shrimp nothing found a lady fish cut it up and casted the chunks out hopping for something to eat them besides Cats but no more Cats cats. Spoke with some regulars and they told me that they been catching pompano and Mack's on previous days. Well that's it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

sgt. gillz
Fisher

Post by sgt. gillz »

its been windy the past few days here on the east coast, anyone know how its been at the pier? id hate to drive out there and see high winds and dirty water :p

Cannible
Weekend Warrior

Post by Cannible »

Went to Naples on Sunday cause I hate myself :nopity: but it wasnt to bad till the dolphin showed up. But caught 4 short spotted sea trout and magos all short. One guy hooked a nice tarpon but broke it off. Funniest thing saw that day was all the pier rats throwing there shark rods out when it got dark and the dolphin eating each one of them one by one by one. Other than that not much macs here there sky rocketing water was fairly clear. boater running from all the way offshore to come to the pier and wave at all the tourist.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

thanks for the report but i thought sharkin was illegal up there on the pier.

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Albacized »

fixed80 wrote:thanks for the report but i thought sharkin was illegal up there on the pier.
It is - but from past experience (i.e everytime I go there, I see them sharking at night), it doesn't stop them. Once I saw a police officer come out to ask what they were fishing for and they said 'tarpon'...and the cop left

snookfishin239
Fisher

Post by snookfishin239 »

went to the pier around sunset and ther were big schools of bait and mackerel were busting on them...10 macks were caught that day...and a day or two after the tropical storm someone caught a 7 foot lemon shark on a catfish :reeling:

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Albacized »

snookfishin239 wrote:went to the pier around sunset and ther were big schools of bait and mackerel were busting on them...10 macks were caught that day...and a day or two after the tropical storm someone caught a 7 foot lemon shark on a catfish :reeling:
Welcome to summertime down there - I'll be there next week for a couple of days before heading cross state over to Juno (snook and smacks is my goal in Naples while false albacore, large jacks, baby tarpon and 'whatever bites' is my goal on the east coast..)

josellausas
Fisher

Post by josellausas »

Sat 21 July 2012: I went down to the pier today around noon, just when it started raining. The rain kept coming and going so I decided to fish next to the concession stand where theres roof, although I still got soaked when it started storming. As usual the place was packed with tourists, even with the rain. Had lots of success using sabiki with squid to give it some flavour. I was pulling three and four fishes at a time.
There was huge amounts of bait fish around the start of the pier. Saw a huge Snook chillin around the pilars, but wasnt interested in eating. Caught a goodsize sea trout, and got.broken off twice by Snook, using a golden spoon with squid on the hooks. One of them even jumped out of the . Voing water when it got hooked,, just to snap my line. :reeling:
Fish were very active and my bait wouldnt last a minute inside the water. They were biting, but I was having a hard tome hooking them. Switched to a smaller.hook, but I was still gting my sqiid taken in a matter of seconds. Going inshore fishing tomorrow, see if I can catch a big one.

hern1982
Fisher

Post by hern1982 »

How did the inshore fishing go, I recently visited the Naples Pier for the first time. I am thinking of going this weekend, if anyone is interested in meeting up just to hang out and fish, PM me.

Dalton Fury
Fisher

Post by Dalton Fury »

I've been fishing the Naples pier annually for 18 years. Tough to find a more productive pier in south Florida in my opinion, it rarely disappoints. Fished Sat 7/27 early am. Water was a little dirty, bait was thin and no snook cruising under the pier. Saw 3 or 4 tarpon rolling. Caught three nice macs within a half hour on the tried and true silver Kastmaster then nothing but a couple sail cats for the next 3 hrs. Slow fishing in the heat.

snookmaster69
Fisher

Post by snookmaster69 »

FISHED NAPLES PIER THIS MORNING, CAUGHT FIVE SNOOK AND MISS ABOUT THE SAME. BIGGEST WAS JUST UNDER KEEPER SIZE. NICE MACK'S AT SUNRISE, BAIT EVERYWHERE.........DAMN BIRDS AND TWO BIG ASS REDFISH SWIMMING AROUND LIKE 20 POUNDERS...

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

Thanks for the report.

snookmaster69
Fisher

Post by snookmaster69 »

When is the best time to catch Pompano from the pier or time of year to catch them?

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Went out tonight to kill sometime and drown some shrimp with the little woman. Nothing fancy, whitting on a double drop rig. 8-13" but steady...beats the hell out of doing dishes.

Dalton Fury
Fisher

Post by Dalton Fury »

Fished the pier Sat-Mon this week with moderate success. Yesterday (2/24) was the best, caught about 10 ladyfish a 20" mack and a keeper pomp on a small 1/8 oz gold bucktail. Saw quite a few small sharks (bonnet head, black tip, spinner) cruising the pier on Sat and Sun and I think there may have been some bigger ones down deep which might explain why it was so slow those two days. Pomps should be in thick soon and I'll be back.

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Planning a trip to Naples pier to visit a relative, if any macks or pomps bite I will update.
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

If you get over before the end of the month, drop me a line and I'll meet ya.

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Dead heat, no winds, no current. Fished the pier but no catch thanks to the pod of Dolphin playing near the pier all day. Saw one small CJack caught on sabiki. Plan B: Chinese buffet :uplol: :silent: :scratch:
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

StyngRay wrote:Dead heat, no winds, no current. Fished the pier but no catch thanks to the pod of Dolphin playing near the pier all day. Saw one small CJack caught on sabiki. Plan B: Chinese buffet :uplol: :silent: :scratch:
I've caught a load of Sheepshead when those dolphins are playing about, don't know why...maybe they scare them into activity...along any sea wall in any inlet, Sheepshead everywhere (at this time of year). You see dolphins coming up with them in their mouths, it's cool
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Anything running? I've got to find something to do Monday and well fishing is cheaper than golf this time of year.

snookmaster69
Fisher

Post by snookmaster69 »

Mackerel, Kingfish and Tarpon and all the bait you want. :toast:

snookmaster69
Fisher

Post by snookmaster69 »

MORE TARPON, SPANISH MACKEREL, KINGFISH AND BAIT ALL OVER :reeling:

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Sweet! Didn't know the kings were in. I'll be there Saturday! Too bad the pier is closing in November for some time, thankfully I'm moving to Homestead next week lol.

snookmaster69
Fisher

Post by snookmaster69 »

Naples to Homestead big change. Snook, Kingfish, Mack's and tons of bait. GO FINS

MiamiJHK
Fisher

Post by MiamiJHK »

Was in the area yesterday and red tide killed everything. Dead mackerels , grunts, gaffos tail catfish, mullet, croakers,snappers, and a bunch of other fish :evil: P.S. Don't swim in the water

quest450
Fisher

Post by quest450 »

pomps are chewing, go get some :happyfisherman:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

quest450 wrote:pomps are chewing, go get some :happyfisherman:
Thx bud! Seen any redfish around lately? Also, Mackerel? I have not done too well here, usually where I go after fishing the trail all day.

-Swordfish

Dalton Fury
Fisher

Post by Dalton Fury »

No reds no macks. Really weird that we haven't seen any mackerel as the bait has been thick the past two weeks. Unfortunately it's been windy for days now and the water is so dirty you can't find the bait and there's no pomps coming over the rail. Seems like the run is pretty much over due to how quickly the water temp has risen. It was 84-85 the other day. Two weeks ago I got 9 pomps one day and 6 the next - been really slow ever since. There's still some snook hanging out in the shallows but it's tough to find em with the water so dirty.

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”