What's the story on the cobe run...DESTIN, FL?

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
Jwright1
Seasoned Fisher

What's the story on the cobe run...DESTIN, FL?

Post by Jwright1 »

Fellas...

I grew up fishing Destin on my boat up there (at A.J.'s...I'm sure you're aware of the spot) :mrgreen:

Anyhow, I'm obviously missing the April May cobe run and would like to see some pictures to feed my jealousy's fire!

Anyone?

I just love those schools of big cobes. Maybe not AS BIG as some get here in 40-50'..but they're consistent in GREAT #s and I'd like to see what late April has produced thus far.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem."

Jwright1
Seasoned Fisher

Re: What's the story on the cobe run...DESTIN, FL?

Post by Jwright1 »

Bumpity bump bump
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem."

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

I know that a few members went up there for the cobia run. I highly doubt they will make a fishing report. Last thing they want is everyone driving up there anyways. Also, that pier is packed when the cobies are in season.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Jwright1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Jwright1 »

bolo wrote:I know that a few members went up there for the cobia run. I highly doubt they will make a fishing report. Last thing they want is everyone driving up there anyways. Also, that pier is packed when the cobies are in season.

Well...I meant out. You go about a half mile past the last sandbar inshore. Then, you book @$$ over to Pensacola (about 100 miles) and make slow downs to troll around 5-7 knots (sometimes slower for kings). Eels...eels...and more eels.

Just make sure you have a light rod for the tower...

But.....I know it's always good...ALWAYS GOOD! Usually BIG schools consistently sized at 30-40 #s.

Was wondering about the BEASTS and if the numbers were still as thick as ever.

The pier there is OKAY. Good mack and king fishing. They won't (typically) come in BIG SIZES..but again, thick numbers and consistently sized.

Scampy scamp scamps should be on fire, too. (If you wanna travel 098098098345098345983459834509834095843 miles to get in deeper waters).
True reds, too.
have that problem."

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”