Cape San Blas/PSJ

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
fairweather
Fisher

Cape San Blas/PSJ

Post by fairweather »

Hey! Anything going on? Hoping to get a thread started. I'm headed there June 1 for some yak fishing in the bay, and some surf fishing on the Gulf side. Any fishing reports would be appreciated.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: Cape San Blas/PSJ

Post by Green Tide »

It is the first, what have you got for us?

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

fairweather
Fisher

Post by fairweather »

Alrighty, just got back yesterday! Spent most of my time in the bay fishing from the yak, but I did spend one full day surf fishing gulf side. The surf gulf side was higher than I like, although it really wasn't all that rough. In the gulf I got lots of ladyfish, of course. I had the biggest flounder I've ever hooked at my feet, then it shook loose. I actually ran in after it, which must have been comical to see.

Better luck in the bay. Lots of trout, including two at 19". Several at 17", a couple at 16", several short ones, and one short red (barely short). These were all caught on either a gulp shrimp under a tourist rig, or on a gulp jerk shad on a white jig head fished pretty fast. To round it out, there were some bluefish, ladyfish, and some catfish.

Seems like the bite was either on or off, nothing in between. You could sit there for two hours wearing yourself out casting, then it would turn on for 30 minutes, then nothing again. All in all, it was a great trip. I'll be back there in August.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Sounds good, maybe you will catch the fall run of the cobia on their return run.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

fairweather
Fisher

Post by fairweather »

That would be sweet. Would love to catch a cobia from the yak.

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”