St. George Island Bridge 7/8

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
ontiltttttt
Fisher

St. George Island Bridge 7/8

Post by ontiltttttt »

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum and I really enjoy reading about everyone's reports. A little about myself: I was born and raised in St. Petersburg, FL where I had the Gulf in my backyard and a fishing rod in my hand as soon as I could walk. I'm now a senior pre-medical student at Florida State University and over the past few years I've been acclimating myself with fishing the NW Florida waters and I've had some success and some failures.

I mainly fish the Panacea waters (due to it's proximity to FSU) but last weekend my roommates and I took a trip to St. George Island Bridge and we had some luck. We fished at the North end of the pier (old bridge) around 7:00PM using live shrimp and caught some grunts, A LOT of croakers, a few nice sized trout (17"+), and a black drum (almost 30"). We were trying to target redfish but we weren't sure where to look. Anybody have any tips about where to find them? Tides? Times? Etc.? Also if you know were I can catch them in Panacea or any other area closer to FSU, please share :wink: Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: St. George Island Bridge 7/8

Post by Green Tide »

try that bridge where the st marks hits the gulf it is right there in panacea. or go to the bald state park and fish from the beach.
Also if you are as far as st George again go a little further west to the beginning of the Apalachicola bridge on the east end and fish off the rocks. The tarpon will even be there in the summer.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”