Penn 9/0 gets Smoked!

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
tabers
Fisher

Penn 9/0 gets Smoked!

Post by tabers »

Some buddies and I went shark fishing a couple weeks ago. My buddy Brandon hooked up to a "Freight train" .... nothing could stop itended up taking 1500yds of Powerpro when the penn 9/0 broke the main gear and locked up causing the line to snap as he got sling into the railing.... Here's a short video of the 45 min butt kicking he got...

http://youtu.be/mQhJpfqlUf0

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Penn 9/0 gets Smoked!

Post by fixed80 »

1500 yards it took. Dam!!! that sucks. do you think a 12/0 with 100lb mono spooled 900yrds can take a beast like that. ive only hooked 2 hammers in my life and the battle only lasted seconds so i never had a real run with one before. if i can remember team rebel stop there's with only 600yrds. that kinda gives me some hope i guess. :mrgreen:

tabers
Fisher

Re: Penn 9/0 gets Smoked!

Post by tabers »

I have seen a 16 foot hammer head rip off 3/4 a spool on a 12/0 before they could get a head turn on him... CRAZY! I think 100mono could hold just dont lock the drag and thumb him too hard, unless your being spooled lol ... remember to set the hook like crazy with mono b/c it stretches so bad.. (we usually run backwards 10-20 yards lol)

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”