Seagrove Beach - Aug 11th - Surf Fishing - tips?

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
l1carter
Fisher

Seagrove Beach - Aug 11th - Surf Fishing - tips?

Post by l1carter »

First post here looking for advice.

Taking family down to Seagrove Beach, FL the week of Aug 11th. We vacation this area every year and last year was the first time we tried fishing. I've got a few kids and we had the best time catching lady fish. We were using spoons then and it was early summer when we came down. This is our 4th or 5th year coming out but our first time coming out late summer and only our 2nd time fishing the surf.

Any advice on what to fish for in mid-August? I was thinking of getting a sand flea rake and running a "double dropper rig" to fish for Pompano, is this really a good time of year to do that? Or is there something better to be looking for? Also, if we go back to spoons, are the Lady Fish still biting really good like they did at the beginning of summer? Seems like darn near every cast out we hooked one which kept the kids excited.

Lastly, is there a preferred time of day to fish? Seems like we had all our luck early morning up to say... 10:00ish.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: Seagrove Beach - Aug 11th - Surf Fishing - tips?

Post by Green Tide »

Sea grove doesn't have much as far as Boatless Phishing goes if you go over to Fort Walton Beach Pensacola Beach Panama City Beach very good pier fishing there probably some Spanish macs are still around I doubt if they'll be any Pompano with this heat.
They have had a lot of storms lately you should check the water temp

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

l1carter
Fisher

Re: Seagrove Beach - Aug 11th - Surf Fishing - tips?

Post by l1carter »

thanks for the heads up. I'll look at those beaches and water temp before we come out.

greatly appreciate it.

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”