post your yack

Post anything relating to Kayak Fishing, if you have ideas on other topic areas lets hear'em
gdm phil
SHARKER

post your yack

Post by gdm phil »

thinking I might be picking up a Kayak this week. My buddy on singer has one and we want to add another. the one im looking at is decently larger than his and we want it to be the boat with all or most of the gear. Ide like to get ideas on how to rig the Yak up.

Ever since he got a king while drifting hes hooked. I dont wanna be on shore while hes pulling up kings
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: post your yack

Post by fixed80 »

gdm phil wrote:Ever since he got a king while drifting hes hooked. I dont wanna be on shore while hes pulling up kings
gettin jealous aye. :biglaugh:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Here's my standard off shore setup for trolling, deep jigging. for live baiting add 5 gal custom made baitwell to the milkcrate....simple....

TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Variable
Fisher

Post by Variable »

Cookinman! You still kickin it on the yak! This is Javier, we fished Flamingo together some moons ago. I had to give up the yak, as we had another rugrat back in '09, and the motorcycle takes up fishin' time these days. Still have some beach rigs, and of course, the bassin' rigs for when I go out with my son.

Good to see you are still at it.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Variable wrote:Cookinman! You still kickin it on the yak! This is Javier, we fished Flamingo together some moons ago. I had to give up the yak, as we had another rugrat back in '09, and the motorcycle takes up fishin' time these days. Still have some beach rigs, and of course, the bassin' rigs for when I go out with my son.

Good to see you are still at it.

Hi Javi ! nice to see you too. I gave up the R-1 When the wife and I had babies, opted for the the yak, which is relatively safer....specially how I rode...lol

We re at 2 total now too - Isa is5 and in Kindergarten and Sophia is now 3 - Hard work, but getting easier each day.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

just in time
Weekend Warrior

Post by just in time »

just in time
Weekend Warrior

Post by just in time »

HialeahAngler
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HialeahAngler »

What's up fellas? Just picked mine up on Monday. It's a 13' Hobie Quest. Backrest and paddle included, 2 flush rod holders, and tons of storage. Hopefully I'll have some fish to show while on vacation next week. Some of you will remember me from FS. Hey Cookinman and krash!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Whatsup H.A. ! You are gonna love yak fishing !!!

Lets get some blood on that thing this summer! Im a cold water snob, lol, so no yakkin for me until the water gets over 75....haha. Check the NMZ on the FS site, lots of folks post trips there and its a great place to hook up w yakkers in So Fl. I usually try to double post to get some interest here as well....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

HialeahAngler
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HialeahAngler »

doing good man, thanks. I ran the test on her last Sunday when it was freezing and windy. I went to Jimbo's though knowing I can hide. caught some jacks, mangroves, and cudas. I love it already bro. Can't the the FS thing though. I',m on the Permaban! lmfao! I'll check in with you here so let me know when you have something planned. thanks!

just in time
Weekend Warrior

Post by just in time »

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

This is an old thread, but since it is up, does anyone know if it is possible to get a tandem kayak that I can also use for fishing solo? I would like to get one for my wife and I to go around the Loxahatchee river and intercoastal, but I'd also like to be able to take it fishing inshore and maybe offshore on calm days.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

I think the last pic is a tandem Rory. I know lot's of guy's in the PH use tandems.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

bigseank22
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigseank22 »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:This is an old thread, but since it is up, does anyone know if it is possible to get a tandem kayak that I can also use for fishing solo? I would like to get one for my wife and I to go around the Loxahatchee river and intercoastal, but I'd also like to be able to take it fishing inshore and maybe offshore on calm days.
the one i sold was able to do that, get a shorter tandem, you can buy a seat and attach to the middle position...mine was a tarpon 130t, i think for less money you can get something else tho...I took mine out a few times by myself, I would definitely recommend the shortest tandem possible, if it is too windy, you will have a hard time.

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

bigseank22 wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:This is an old thread, but since it is up, does anyone know if it is possible to get a tandem kayak that I can also use for fishing solo? I would like to get one for my wife and I to go around the Loxahatchee river and intercoastal, but I'd also like to be able to take it fishing inshore and maybe offshore on calm days.
the one i sold was able to do that, get a shorter tandem, you can buy a seat and attach to the middle position...mine was a tarpon 130t, i think for less money you can get something else tho...I took mine out a few times by myself, I would definitely recommend the shortest tandem possible, if it is too windy, you will have a hard time.
Yup, and you are as big as half of that kayak :happyfisherman:

xmarlyx
Seasoned Fisher

Post by xmarlyx »

anyone own the malibu stealth 12?
- Anthony

Return to “Yak-Addict-Info and how tos”