Yak Vs. Canoe

Post anything relating to Kayak Fishing, if you have ideas on other topic areas lets hear'em
sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Yak Vs. Canoe

Post by sepaik »

Other than the obvious. What are the major differences between Yak Vs. Canoe? :scratch: I see that most are using Yaks for offshore fishing. :reeling: I have a canoe just sitting around and was thinking of modifying it. How would I modify my canoe for this purpose? Think this is just a ridiculous idea? Is it too dangerous? Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Cannible
Weekend Warrior

Re: Yak Vs. Canoe

Post by Cannible »

Well the major difference is if the yak flips you can flip it back and return to shore if that canoe flips it sunk or would be nearly impossible to flip back. Even so if you do get the canoe right side up getting the water out pssh good luck.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Yep, no way I would take a canoe offshore, unless some serious modifications were done..someone put pics of outriggers they built for one on here not long ago. If it flips you are in trouble.

Tonyc
Weekend Warrior

Post by Tonyc »

I have a canoe with super stable stabilizers and a motor and there is no way in hell i would take it off shore .I use mine mainly in canals and the Icw . I have sunk it once before and it totally sucks . If u wanna go offshore get the yak .

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

yeah bro i wouldnt take a canoe offshore

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Kayak- stable
Canoe- not stable

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

Ok. Thanks for the reply's. It was just a thought.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Yak-Addict-Info and how tos”