Future Beach Angler 160 Review

Post anything relating to Kayak Fishing, if you have ideas on other topic areas lets hear'em
TheReelHangover
Seasoned Fisher

Future Beach Angler 160 Review

Post by TheReelHangover »

A quick review about the Future Beach Angler 160 kayak. I'm new to kayak fishing and love it so far. This is the first kayak I have owned and fished out of so I don't know any better yet... But for beginners like myself I think it is a good buy.. You can get it on sale for below $400! I was looking for a while to buy one and when I saw this one I jumped on it. It was right in my price range. I know some of the cons already is that it is heavy and the smaller hatches are kinda hard to open sometimes... I need to install an anchor trolley system on it and a gps.. Feel free to give me some tips or comments.. Thanks

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Re: Future Beach Angler 160 Review

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

My no-drill anchor trolley is a work in progress. I have an OK trident 11 angler and saw this set-up on another forum and decided to do something similar. http://www.yakangler.com/forum/21-look- ... or-trolley
I found that I didn't save any money doing it this way, just eliminated drilling any holes in the yak. If you don't mind drilling holes, you can buy a trolley system with everything you need for around $30. Nice yak, I looked into them, but was deterred by the weight. Also, I don't think the tight hatch lids are a bad thing. I'd rather them tight than too loose, and end up getting swamped launching in the surf. Was that morningside park?

TheReelHangover
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Future Beach Angler 160 Review

Post by TheReelHangover »

Im going to try something like that.. With no drilling.. And yes thats Morningside park..

Return to “Yak-Addict-Info and how tos”