Tourney winning redfish...

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Tourney winning redfish...

Post by Bi0tic »

26.5"

...where I'm the only participant :lol:

All jokes aside, the decrease in water quality has impacted fishing to the point where the effort to catch a trout of all things is enormous. Interestingly, the redfishing is still fair but the small snook and mangrove snapper fishing has picked up. I've caught about a dozen mangroves (mostly on topwater) in my past two trips on the flats.

The snapper have been in the sandier areas in deeper water 2-5' adjacent to the flats and around the spoil islands. Most of the snook are tight to the islands. I'm a die hard topwater tosser (probably to a fault), so most of my catches have been on a silver/green skitterwalk. The rest of the fish have come on green/gold fleck zman paddle tail with 1/8 oz. jighead.
I want to Believe

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Re: Tourney winning redfish...

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Bi0tic wrote:
:uplol: That's funny. Nice redfish, that sucks all the storm water is messing up the eco system up north. The before and after pictures off the rivers when they open the spillways are absolutely disgusting! Good to see a yak report.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

It's great that you won your own one man tournament :D Thanks for the report and nice fish.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:
Bi0tic wrote:
:uplol: That's funny. Nice redfish, that sucks all the storm water is messing up the eco system up north. The before and after pictures off the rivers when they open the spillways are absolutely disgusting! Good to see a yak report.
The water quality does sux... its not just up North.. Biscayne Bay (South of Rickenbacker) has a huge algae bloom, they are pumping 673,000 gallons of fresh water per minute to outgoing tides for weeks... which means runoff polluted waters and it definitely is affecting the fishing.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”