Fishing by Matheson Hammocks

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
richyrich929
Fisher

Fishing by Matheson Hammocks

Post by richyrich929 »

Woke up early sunday morning and headed out to matheson hammocks with my brother and friend. Out onto the water by 7am and fished til 1pm.Low tide at 630 am I believe. Each of us caught close to 7 sea trout ranged 10" to 15" on average with the biggest at about 20" and a variety of other species (small jacks, houndfish, mangrove snappers and grunts). Bite turned off at 9am and then picked up again at another spot around 11am in deeper water and then off again. Bait used was a variety of soft plastics and suspending twitch baits. I had the most success with a jig head with a paddle tail in penny color and a DOA airhead root beer and charteuese tail. Here are some pics, hope they come out alright. Tight lines everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Fishing by Matheson Hammocks

Post by krash »

Thats Matheson.. at least ya caught fishes.

Where did you launch ?

Have you ever launched and fished the canal on the left just before going over the bridge to the Marina,, I'v caught a few good Snook and small Poons in there, good alternative on windy days. You ca also take the creek that ends up coming out in the bay.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

richyrich929
Fisher

Post by richyrich929 »

I passed that bridge and went to the loop. I headed south from there. For some reason I never thought of going in there. Will definitely try next time since Its usually more windy than calm out in the bay the times I have gone. Thanks alot for the information really appreciate it.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

For us its an alternative for windy days.... the parking area looks a bit sketchy but never had a problem there, if you put in there put a good bit of time in the 90 degree turn area of the canal where the houses start.

There is a small lake back in there, over the hard berm, looks like a fresh water lake I always wanted to give that a try but have not. Jump in here, FTF, for more kayak/canoe fishing info.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

richyrich929
Fisher

Post by richyrich929 »

Thanks again for the information and the website. Will post again when ever I have a chance to go out there. Thanks again

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”