2 mile Tarpon sleigh ride.

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

2 mile Tarpon sleigh ride.

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

It sure feels good to be back! Today was my first day back from a 10 day trip up north. It was so hard to leave knowing the fish were chewing. Glad they were still on the chew today. Tarpon fishing on SoBe this morning was fast and furious, burned through the 6 mullet I netted on the beach real quick. There wasn't much bait and nothing really on the bait that was there. Went 2 for something on poons, had the hook turn into my mullet twice. I was wondering how I was getting 5 or 6 bites in a row but kept pulling the bait out of their mouth!?!? Landed a little guy and fought a 100+ lber for over an hour before I got cut off on a rock. Hooked the fish between 4th and 5th, it pulled me down the beach, along and around the jetty and almost to the coast guard station. Heart breaking not to get a good pic with the beast, gotta settle for the leader touch.

On another note, there were tons of snook cruising the wash, but didn't seem to be hitting anything from what a buddy on the beach said. I saw 3 or 4 slot or bigger snook with my own eyes during the short time I was on the sand. Also saw a few forum members out there spot jacking... Just kidding, I hope you guys managed a slot if that's what you were after. I feel it's impossible to blow up any beach spot, it's too unpredictable from one day to the next. Catch em up! :reeling:

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Re: 2 mile Tarpon sleigh ride.

Post by Moose »

awesome videos man.

i tried the beach with some finger mullet the other day...super weedy...super calm...and no fish no bait no birds nada

i head to the bay to mess around and end up getting into some macks for about an hour or two...small ones but still i was shocked...

i get so ansy when i see these kinda reports and i gotta study and work the next 2 weeks :study: :nopity:

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

agonzalez0 wrote:awesome videos man.

i tried the beach with some finger mullet the other day...super calm...and no fish no bait no birds nada
Thanks! key words in your post "super calm". I could tell it sucked before I finished reading the sentence. Calm clear water = crap surf fishing. Being out in the yak totally changes the game. Can't wait for the rough surf so I can get back to snooking off the beach. The tarpon and kayak are wearing me out, too much work. You'll get on the fish once the weather changes bro. Tight lines.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

i kinda knew what i was getting into with the flat surf....but i had the itch so i went out anyway...the trip wasn't in vain as my buddy was able to catch his first macks ever...im on hiatus until after nov 7...things should be in full swing by then i hope..

i'm too chicken chit for a yak.... but i may have to once winter comes and the bay is on fire

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”