Tarpon all over the beach (miami 10/20/13)

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Tarpon all over the beach (miami 10/20/13)

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

More tarpon action for yous guys. Plenty of tarpon roaming the sand just outside the sand bar. See a lot of guys fishing the pods when nothing is attacking the pod. A lot of times there's tarpon just outside of the pod by 10-50 ft. If this happens to you, then you might wanna try cutting the head off a mullet and bombing it out with a sinker. The fish that are following the bait schools might be more inclined to eat some cut bait if they're not feeding on the pod. Anyways catch em up, they'll chew if ya know what to do...

MichaelAngelo
Fisher

Re: Tarpon all over the beach (miami 10/20/13)

Post by MichaelAngelo »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:More tarpon action for yous guys. Plenty of tarpon roaming the sand just outside the sand bar. See a lot of guys fishing the pods when nothing is attacking the pod. A lot of times there's tarpon just outside of the pod by 10-50 ft. If this happens to you, then you might wanna try cutting the head off a mullet and bombing it out with a sinker. The fish that are following the bait schools might be more inclined to eat some cut bait if they're not feeding on the pod. Anyways catch em up, they'll chew if ya know what to do...

Awesome videos dude!!! How do you present the mullet head? are you pitching it right at fish you see or are you dragging it along bottom?

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

MichaelAngelo wrote:
Poseidon10/31 wrote:More tarpon action for yous guys. Plenty of tarpon roaming the sand just outside the sand bar. See a lot of guys fishing the pods when nothing is attacking the pod. A lot of times there's tarpon just outside of the pod by 10-50 ft. If this happens to you, then you might wanna try cutting the head off a mullet and bombing it out with a sinker. The fish that are following the bait schools might be more inclined to eat some cut bait if they're not feeding on the pod. Anyways catch em up, they'll chew if ya know what to do...

Awesome videos dude!!! How do you present the mullet head? are you pitching it right at fish you see or are you dragging it along bottom?
Thanks, I'm using a live mullet either trolled or free lined, not just the head.

MichaelAngelo
Fisher

Post by MichaelAngelo »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:
MichaelAngelo wrote:
Poseidon10/31 wrote: Thanks, I'm using a live mullet either trolled or free lined, not just the head.
Nice. When you troll it, how much line do you let out? Any weights?

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

I slow troll em about 50 yards behind the yak without any weight. I usually only do that when moving to a different area when drifting/ free lining isn't producing any bites. Not saying that it's not an effective way to target then tho. I'd just rather see the bite, it's the main reason I love tarpon fishing, the show those beasts put on is just plain awesome.

Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bi0tic »

Killer vid report :dude:
I want to Believe

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”