12-9 thru 12-11 kayak fishing Sebastian

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
dave c
Fisher

12-9 thru 12-11 kayak fishing Sebastian

Post by dave c »

Caught 2 reds, largest 16 inches, 7 seatrout, 2 keepers, 2 small snook, and a 4 foot shark that took me for my 1st sleigh ride in my kayak since owning it. All caught on live shrimp, even the shark. Camped at Longpoint and tried night flounder gigging but did not see any. Also caught 4 jacks and 3 small whiting surf fishing on south side of Sebastian inlet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: 12-9 thru 12-11 kayak fishing Sebastian

Post by swordfish »

Awesome bud! LUCKY, lol I wish I could have a yak in that area for any amount of time!

-swordfish

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Nice! I want to make a trip up there one of these days to fish for a bull red.

dave c
Fisher

Post by dave c »

Get the inflatable like mine, it fits in the trunk on goes anywhere. There are so many places and ways to fish up there and South Florida where I live now, but hopefully not much longer, just sucks in comparison for the nearshore and inshore fisherman. Even Biscayne Bay and the Keys are not even close to what they used to be and there is little access for the shorebound and even kayak bound angler.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

isn't an inflatable one minor slip from having a trebble hook or other hook put a hole in your yak?...or is it very durable/resistant to sharp objects like hooks?

dave c
Fisher

Post by dave c »

I never have any probs just kind of stick front end of rods with hooks on them hanging over side so they do not touch anything, also the material on the kayak is pretty tough and some of the newer ones are even better. Having a boat like this in your trunk that can be set up in 15 minutes and can be launched anywhere is a hell of an advantage. Two drawbacks, they do not row or steer as well as hard body yaks and be very careful around oyster bars, when I am around areas like the west coast I always have a good chart. I use google earth and plan ahead in waters like these.

Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bi0tic »

Nice report 8)

Sharks are always an adventure in the yak :eye:
I want to Believe

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”