Oleta River State Park

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
Dalton Fury
Fisher

Oleta River State Park

Post by Dalton Fury »

Fished Oleta River State Park for a few hours last weekend (12/14) and managed a few grovers and a small cuda on chartreuse/white bucktail jigs. I'm new to this end of the forum and was wondering if anyone has ever fished the state park and where? I mostly stuck to the area right where you launch because I caught two on my first two casts, but also ventured out to where the boats dock. Seemed like good water, but I caught low tide. Any info would be appreciated.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: Oleta River State Park

Post by gruntking »

i do a bit of grover fishing in the area nothing to serious few 16's here an there mostly small fish back around there little trout little cudas every now an again few nice poons

for the larger grovers n such i travel just a causeway or so south
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Fish south of 195 on the east side. There's a boat ramp and parking just north of the Venetian causeway. Shrimp under a popping cork won't last more than a pop or two and you'll catch more trout than you know what to do with. Work the edge of the flat around slow tide. Thank me later.

dave c
Fisher

Post by dave c »

See if you can get into this mangrove canal, it connects to Maule lake where I spent a few nights anchored in my sailboat in 2012, lots of mullet getting pounded all night and I saw some large tarpon rolling but I never got the chance to fish. Don't know where to launch there but there must be a place. Post here if you try I have been curious about this area for some time but have not had the chance to go back. Tight lines!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

flsailor
Fisher

Post by flsailor »

I was thinking about hitting that canal this weekend. I think the place to launch would be at the East Greynolds park. I will report after the trip

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

your not going to catch anything besides little cudas and maybe some small jacks

but hey good luck i wish you the best
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

flsailor
Fisher

Post by flsailor »

GRUNTKING
Have you personally fished that particular canal? I'll give it a try. If there is nothing worth catching there I will move to the IWC towards 195

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

flsailor wrote:GRUNTKING
Have you personally fished that particular canal? I'll give it a try. If there is nothing worth catching there I will move to the IWC towards 195
ive fished everywhere

yess ive fished there like i said nothing but little jacks and small cudas
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”