got my first yak

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
K R lip
Seasoned Fisher

got my first yak

Post by K R lip »

2015 ws ride 135 dusk I've been rigging it all week I want to get comfortable on it inshore and icw before I go btb im going to practice getting back on it a few times
My problem is I've never fished offshore and have no clue about setups and gear that I need I know there are a few ppl here that yak any info would help I plan on hitting canals around dania and Hollywood also west lake to start but want to go hit the reef off dania just not alone and not till I have some time under my belt thigh lines and thank you :P
Also Hope to meet some of you sunday

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: got my first yak

Post by swordfish »

Very cool, congrats! Whole new world now! Just take it easy and get very very comfortable with it before venturing offshore as things can get hairy fairly quickly out there.

-Swordfish

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

West Lake Hollywood is a much better place to get comfortable paddling, re-entry, standing, and fishing. Fishing there is not very good but you can find small Snook and sometimes Tarpon... but the ICW has quite a current especially near narrower spots like bridges. A good place to start out is Wiskey Creek in J. Lloyd, it has a tidal current but is shallow enough that if you get in trouble you can stand and walk out to the shorelines. Check yer PM's...
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Get a PDF, VHF and a flare gun. If you can't find a buddy to go offshore with, those 3 will be good company.

K R lip
Seasoned Fisher

Post by K R lip »

Got a nice pdf it's bright and comfortable so I WILL have it on at all times also have viscarbon pole and flag im looking at radios and flair guns it's going to be a bit before I go offshore I want to practice getting back into yak in deep water first and tool around in some current and lunching in the surf id like to get all that down before I go
Tight lines

K R lip
Seasoned Fisher

Post by K R lip »

Hey poeisdon your vids are nuts man keep it up :thumright:

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”