Help the State donate your left over SNOOK

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Help the State donate your left over SNOOK

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Please also remember that it is NOT mandatory that anyone participates in the snook program- its strictly voluntary. Luckily for us, we have a large group statewide that WANTS to participate because they care so much about snook. We are doing our best to keep the populations robust and strong, and here for a long time. its because of everyone who has participated thus far that we are able to obtain data in such a large quantity- thank you all very much.

Jerry asked for some of the boat sticker measuring tapes (yeah, I know- its a land based tourney, but they measure to 48" so that's why). I am going to score some and give them to Jerry next week.

Should anyone care for a data sheet to track your catch data (same data questions that are asked during interviews/on back of carcass mouth tags), please email me or call me, I will have it ready the beginning of next week.

lisa.ockelmann-lobello@myfwc.com

305-361-4566

and I will email you an excel spreadsheet and you can submit your catch data any time along the two months. Save the file as a template and just reuse it and shoot it back to me when you have entered your data.

I think all of you know by now that I cover Broward, Dade, and Monroe counties, but should you fish in another county, I can email that catch data to the other snook team, who cover Palm Beach county on north (that contact for Palm Beach county and north is Jim Whittington- jim.whittington@myfwc.com should you have any questions)

Most of you are familiar at this point with the snook research program, but just to refresh:
1) THE NEW SLOT SIZE IS 27-34" MAXIMUM TOTAL LENGTH (LOWER JAW TO LONGEST EDGE OF PINCHED TAIL)
2) donate only those carcasses from snook you would normally keep- do not kill any specifically for the program
3) please do not break the backbone
4) please leave all internal organs intact- need those to tell boys from girls!
5) drop your carcass off at a participating drop site (see link) and fill out the mouth tag front and back (unless you have already recorded catch data on data sheet) and place in supplied plastic bags- I pick them up weekly or biweekly depending.

Official drop sites for the east coast:
Brevard County:
Whitey’s Bait and Tackle—9030 Hwy A1A, Melbourne Beach
Sebastian Inlet Bait and Tackle—9700 S A1A, Melbourne Beach

Broward County:
Kingsbury and Son’s Tackle, Inc.—1801 S Federal Hwy, Ft. Lauderdale
Angler’s Bait and Tackle—230 E Dania Beach Blvd, Dania Beach
Walkers Bait and Tackle—209 W Hillsborough Blvd, Deerfield Beach
Custom Rod and Reel—1835 NE 25th St, Lighthouse Point

Martin County:
Sailfish Marina—3565 SE St. Lucie Blvd, Stuart
Mitchell's Bait and Tackle—4480 SE St. Lucie Blvd, Stuart
Snook Nook—3595 NE Indian River Dr, Jensen Beach

Miami-Dade County:
High Tailin-it Bait and Tackle—20264 Old Cutler Rd, Miami
A-OK Fish “N” Bait—732 S Krome St, Homestead
Don’s Bait and Tackle—30710 S Federal Hwy, Homestead
Jack’s Bait and Tackle—35412 S Federal Hwy, Florida City
Haulover Marine Center—15000 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Capt. Harry’s Fishing Supply—100 NE 11th St, Miami

Monroe County:
Yellow Bait House—MM 101.7, Key Largo
‘Cuda Bait and Tackle at Tavernier Creek Marina—MM 90.8, Tavernier
Abel’s Bait and Tackle—MM 84.5, Islamorada
Bud n’ Mary’s Marina—MM 79.8, Islamorada
World Wide Sportsman—81576 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada
World Class Angler—MM 50.5, Marathon
Jig’s Bait and Tackle—MM 30.3, Big Pine Key
Oceanside Marina—5950 Peninsula Ave, Key West/Stock Island
Garden Cove Marina—21 Garden Cove Dr (MM 106.5), Key Largo

Palm Beach County:
FWC-FWRI Tequesta Field Lab—19100 SE Federal Hwy, Tequesta
Fishing Headquarters—633A Alt. A1A, Jupiter
Lott Bros.—631 Northlake Blvd, N. Palm Beach

St. Lucie County:
White’s Tackle Shop—521 N 2nd St, Ft. Pierce

I hope this post finds you all well and geared up for this coming season. Thanks Jerry for your interest and for getting in touch with us. We appreciate everything that the recreational anglers have done in this state to help us as biologists, collect catch and biological data to enable us to research and preserve this awesome fish we all seem to be addicted to.

Again, if anyone has questions, please call or email me. Jerry will be getting the measure stickers next week from me.

thanks again and here's to a great season-
no go out there and fish!
take care-
Lisa
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Form needed and other info:
viewtopic.php?t=1492
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Help the State donate your left over SNOOK

Post by fishandchicks »

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”