Lakes of the Meadow lakes

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
Crusader84
Fisher

Lakes of the Meadow lakes

Post by Crusader84 »

Fished there last weekend. Caught 3 peacocks up to about 2 lbs and 2 largemouth up to about 1 lb. Used an X-rap fished from the bank and worked the edges of weedbeds using a stop and go retrieve. All fish it at the "stop" of the retrieve. Saw some big spawning peacock. Good to see the population is recovering.

Watch out for security and the occasional irate neighbor, but I've lived there all my life so I know how to deal with all that stuff.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Re: Lakes of the Meadow lakes

Post by baseball4life702 »

Wow can't believe I just found this post lol. I live there too and the largemouth/peacock fishing is amazing....yes :auto: f**k that security, trying to tell me I can't fish at night when I pay money to the HA to maintain the lakes. I told one of them to take his rent-a-cop ass back to his car before I called his boss on him lol. I was like, "are you gonna tell me I can't be outside my house after sundown?" He was like yes the rules say that, I said dude u need to go to school and learn how to read. :biglaugh:

DigiCowboy
Weekend Warrior

Re: Lakes of the Meadow lakes

Post by DigiCowboy »

It's getting hard enough to find a place to fish - let alone they try to stop you from fishing in your own 'backyard'.
Like someone has said here before; If you did not fish every place there is a No Fishing sign, there would be no where to fish.
Stealth fishing for the win ... hey, I like that. I may be on to a new username :thumleft:

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”