Peas

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
e92tt
Fisher

Peas

Post by e92tt »

Looking for some good catch and release peacock fishing in broward margate area. If anyone wants to share some fun spots please let me know!

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Peas

Post by krash »

C14, C13, C11 canals ... get on GoogleEarth and start searching for places to park, the farther West ya go the better chance ya get.. lots of walking and casting is usually involved
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Really? I've never seen anyone catch peacock in holiday park? I have seen peakcocks on the banks of the new rover canal west nob hill along orange all the way to 75. They seem tobite best on hot sunny days.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

I don't get to Broward too often, I've been catching Peas in Palm Beach County. Been hit and miss just don't get them every time out. This past week has been much better but I'm not getting them to slam baits, have tried just about everything. How I am catching them is getting their attention with a crappie jig, once I get a look I drag the jig in the sand working it like a shaky head. Takes some patience but it's worked, did I have my largest since the freeze about 22". I have only seen them east of the fresh water spillways, usually located near Military Trail. I live out by the turnpike and have yet to see one here.

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Try fishing the canal along congress.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

linh wrote:Try fishing the canal along congress.
Been there many many times. I did see a few disinterested peas in that area a couple of days ago.
You may be referring to the El Rio canal, have caught peacocks, bass, jacks, snook, tarpon and ladyfish.

cokewhite
Fisher

Post by cokewhite »

are they back in military trail canal? i used to get them alot around saint andrews an palmetto area, not sure if there still there after that freeze. i have a couple gated communities in boca where the peacocks are thriving like crazy.

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”